HUGE reporting error, In MY favor?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HUGE reporting error, In MY favor?!

was discharged in my Chapter 7, I would like to dispute their reporting, because they are reporting incorrectly and my late payments are still counting against me. It should say "Included in bankruptcy".

But...if its a mistake on their part, (which I think it is), should I just lay low for a bit? Not stir the very expensive pot? I'm afraid if I dispute it, and bring the mistake to their attention, they will say, "OH! you still owe us that money!"

What should I do?
    Chapter 7 Discharged 06/2009

A credit report is not your contract with the creditor. Credit reports are often wrong. Just because it's listed as $0 balance or IIB or anything else like that... doesn't mean the obligation no longer exists.

I'm not sure what you should do as I'm no credit repair wizard!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

All of my student loans are listed as IIB and a zero balance. However, they are still active loans. I called Sallie Mae about my loans and they said once they receive final closing information they will allow me back into my loans online.

I have a few private student loans that I have no intention of contacting. Like you, I'm hoping they "fall through the cracks". The one I have is with a small company that I hope just forget about me... lol. The ones with Sallie Mae and Chase I know will not be forgotten.

Sallie Mae is not the type of lender to just forget about you. They also might think its your responsibility to contact them and if you just ignore it they could pursue other means of collecting.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

What does it say on the Sallie Mae website when you try to log in??
        Chapter 7 Discharged 06/2009

Comment

It just says something about not being able to access my accounts and to call customer service. They told me I would have access again automatically after they get the discharge order.
          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
          Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X