Dismissed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dismissed

So if you file BK, and that is on your credit report in the public information area, but then are dismissed - I am assuming that stays there that you filed for the whole timeframe? Or does it come off? If it stays is there a way to go about disputing it since the BK never went through?

My husband has really good credit despite the BK filing, so now that we are dismissed I am wondering if/how I can go about getting that take off???

Am I wishful thinking?
    Teacher Momma

Yes, unfortunately you are wishful thinking. From what I understand, the BK will update to show "dismissed", but will remain on the Public Record section of your credit report until the required number of years has passed for it to drop off. (ten years for a chapter 7, I believe)
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Yes, it's wishful thinking to believe that it will come off the report or that you can get it off the report. It's a public record, and since it's a Chapter 7, will be there for 10 years.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You can't take it off it will be there for 10 years no matter what.
        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X