X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Score not really affected 90 days after filing

Transunion 698, Experian 648, Equifax 673

Filed 9/2/09, 341 meeting 10/16/09, waiting for discharge

I had perfect credit and no late payments until a month before filing when the attorney told me to stop paying.

Will my credit take a hit once I get the discharge or is it filing that hurts your credit?

I have been monitoring my 3 credit reports with TrueCredit.com since filing.

Some of mine updated a few days after discharge to show late payments DURING the BK which they should not have done...hopefully I can get those reporting correctly.
    7-2-2009 Filed
    8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
    10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Some of mine are showing late during the filing period, also. I guess I have some cleaning up to do.

Comment

Originally posted by riff View Post
        Transunion 698, Experian 648, Equifax 673

Filed 9/2/09, 341 meeting 10/16/09, waiting for discharge

I had perfect credit and no late payments until a month before filing when the attorney told me to stop paying.

Will my credit take a hit once I get the discharge or is it filing that hurts your credit?

I have been monitoring my 3 credit reports with TrueCredit.com since filing.
        What has hurt your credit will be all the late payments prior to your filing and then the filing being listed itself which will be on your credit report for 10 years. All your information has not yet correctly hit your credit reports and it is best to wait 3 or so months after discharge to clean things up. You will be considered a risk by any creditor for the next 10 years but it does help to clean up your report to ensure all is showing correctly.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

So we stopped paying after we filed. Does that make it better if you were current at the time of filing then? I know the bk will be there and the missed payments AFTER the filing was done.
          (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
          :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Bankruptcy is the biggest single hit to the credit report. The late payment history will go away long before the bankruptcy. Hang in there. Credit markets are very tight. I believe the days of getting right back in the saddle 1 day after a discharge are over for now as lenders have many good credit people they are not loaning to right now. It use to be that creditors loved fresh out of bk people as they cannot file for several years. I don't think they care about that as much now.
            Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
            Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
            Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan1951 View Post
              So we stopped paying after we filed. Does that make it better if you were current at the time of filing then? I know the bk will be there and the missed payments AFTER the filing was done.
              If your tradelines show late payments AFTER your filing date, you need to dispute that because it is not accurate. The CRA's can only report your history up to the FILING DATE. Once you are discharged, then the tradeline (each creditor) is supposed to read: iib (included in bankrupty) with a zero balance. If it does not read that way, dispute first to the CRA then to the creditor. It is a FDCPA violation to not report the debt correctly.

Most of us have to spend time getting the reports corrected, the CRA's are not very accurate at all.
              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X