Read this article this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read this article this morning

And it just reinforced for me how happy I am that I no longer have any credit cards. And I don't intend on getting another ;)

Eight new ways to hit you with CC fees
    Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
    Last day for objections 1/22/2010
    Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
    Closed! 1/28/2010

Wow. I'm so happy I don't have to pull out my magnifying glass to read the small print on these new agreements!
    *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

I don't ever anticipate having another credit card. Once I got used to using the debit card, I like it even better.

No money? No problem. No purchase!
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

This is why we are staying a cash only lifestyle. Thankfully I can pass on the privilege of owning a credit card.
        Ch 7 filed: 3/30
        341: 5/12
        Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
          I don't ever anticipate having another credit card. Once I got used to using the debit card, I like it even better.

No money? No problem. No purchase!
          Have you heard this new American Express commercial? These women who supposedly give advice online that call themselves "Smart cookies" they say how much they love their American Express because now it makes them pay it in full every month. I never did understand why having an American Express did you any good. How is that so different than just using your bank card. One way or the other you're paying for it, except that you're paying fees with the Amex? Yeah I don't get it...
          Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
          Last day for objections 1/22/2010
          Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
          Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

Originally posted by readytofile View Post
            Yeah I don't get it...
            Here's what you can get:

99% of the American population does not have a thought in their head that didn't come from television.

Now does the advertising make sense?
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Cash is king!
              Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
              Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
              Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                Here's what you can get:

99% of the American population does not have a thought in their head that didn't come from television.

Now does the advertising make sense?
                No, the advertising doesn't make sense to me. Shall I note I don't have a television?

On a side note: I used Amex for years. I wasn't subjected to any fees during this period. I paid the card off monthly AND received cash back (nope, Amex didn't make it onto my creditor matrix). I welcome free money! It's the free part that many don't comprehend. Fees + "free" = fooled.
                *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Amex used to have a reason for existing. You could cash checks at Amex offices in foreign countries and charge hotels, etc. before ATM cards, Visa, and MC were widespread. And the traveler's checks.

But man, are they ever unforgiving. I don't care about it anymore (because my credit is so hilariously crappy), but it used to bother me that they kept a flaw on my credit for-freaking-EVER. It was $300. I paid it within 90 days. It was still on my credit 9 years later. I even called and asked nicely for them to remove it, since it was the law and everything. They changed it to "closed at creditor's request" and said they'd keep reporting it for another 10 years. Ha!
                  Filed non-consumer no asset Chapter 7 on 7-12-10 after 4 foreclosures, 7 lawsuits including 2 deficiencies, 2 wage garnishments, a bank garnishment and a partridge in a pear tree. 341 held on 8-11-10. Discharge 11-4-10.

Comment

I have 3 credit cards and I haven't ever been charged a fee on any of them because I pay them off every month. They can raise the fees all they want since they're going to get nothing from me.

Logan

Comment

After reading the article, only one thing came to mind...

Only 8 ways?

(I'm sure they're thinking or more!)
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X