top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it okay to start cleaning up my credit report before my discharge date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it okay to start cleaning up my credit report before my discharge date?

Is it okay to start cleaning up my credit report before my discharge date for things such as late payments that were posted after my filing date?

I'm in the same 60 day boat, waiting for my discharge! I have looked at my 3 CR and will need to see if my mortgage goes to IIB after discharge, as all my unsecured accounts are reporting $0 balance, IIB! I would wait to start disputing the errors until after your discharged, but you need to look at your CR and see what is being reported prior to your discharge.
    November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

You can try to start cleaning up your report, but most of your tradelines will not correctly report as IIB until after your discharge. Also, many tradelines have a separate status for included in bankruptcy before discharge and included in bankruptcy after discharge. Often the totals are not zeroed out until after discharge.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I am in the 60 day club as well...and being that I am soooo impatient have started cleaning up my credit reports now. I will not be discharged until 1/6/09...All of the items that I have disputed that were not IIB are now listing as such and have all balances as $0. I have done my TU and my Equifax so far...and have Experian left to go...hopefully it will be painless...I am just hoping to get back on track as soon as possible!
        Filed: 10/08/09
        341 Meeting: 11/06/09
        11/06/09--Joined the 60 day club!!! :yahoo::yahoo:
        1/11/10--Discharged!!!:clapping::yahoo::clapping:

Comment

Unless there is a specific urgent issue to check credit reports prior to discharge, I always advise to wait about 3 or so months after discharge for either Chaper 13 or 7 filers to then obtain their reports in order to give the CRA's time to update info from creditors. Trying to change information prior to discharge can be just a waste of time as corrected information can quickly revert back to the old information. Everyone is in a hurry to update their reports but doing so too quickly can, in most cases, be a wasted effort. To give an example...two years after our chaper 13 discharge I was still correcting information that was corrected once, reverted back to old informatoin, corrected again, reverted back to old information and then it finally stayed corrected. Give the CRA's time to update.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X