is it possible to obtain credit cards after bk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moneytrouble View Post
    It is annoying that people keep getting approved for cards one here, I cannot, even with no debt and a job. I think the issue is with my home loan still showing on my credit report as Chapter 7 bankruptcy, but not closed, as they have not foreclosed yet. I have already asked the agencies to change this, but I guess it won't until the sale date of the home.
    I'm convinced that there really is no set formula for why any of us may be approved/disapproved by any creditor. I truly believe it is luck. (Or, you're in college) It has appeared this way since I began getting credit. When I left for college, soon after I turned 18, I was not only given credit, but bribed into taking it. I was 21 with two AMEX, a Sovereign Bank Visa, a BoA Visa, and multiple department store cards. I would pay the difference between tuition and my financial aid with a credit card, buy text books, pay rent, and buy food/clothes with all of them. Any time a card got close to the limit the creditor would just send me a letter letting me know how happy they are that I was a customer and up my limit. In fact, they would up my limit so often that I would charge things knowing that they would increase my limit! At 24 I entered a Phd program with tens of thousands in credit card debt and I had never even had a job..! I would simpy put "student" as my occupation and employer.

On the other hand, my friends, who actually made money but had decided to forgo college, couldn't get any sort of credit to save their lives.

Anyway, I'm still a student (much to my parents dismay!) and I was approved for $1100 on Hooters. If you can't get credit, just put "student" as your occupation. It has never failed me... then again...

*Edit. And, to top it all off, I'm not even debt-free after bk. My student loans are still there!
    Last edited by jonathan; 02-07-2010, 10:14 PM.
    08.28.09 - Filed Chapter 7
    10.19.09 - 341 Meeting
    12.18.09 - Anticipating Discharge!!!
    12.21.09 - Discharged!!!

Comment

^ By the way, I was being facetious. You probably shouldn't lie on your credit app.
      08.28.09 - Filed Chapter 7
      10.19.09 - 341 Meeting
      12.18.09 - Anticipating Discharge!!!
      12.21.09 - Discharged!!!

Comment

yes

honestly I am still bitter about it all but I do feel very vulnerable without credit so I did decide to apply for A card with the intent to use and pay off just to have around "just in case"

I have a capital one for 1000.00 and I just refinanced my car

BK7 5months ago

I do not intend on getting any more cards

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X