Chexsystem + New Checking Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prindia View Post
    If you have had a bankruptcy, ChexSystems will remove you.

Chexsystems does have a department that deal with those that have filed a bankruptcy

The direct number to the BK department. It is (800) 934-5458 . You need to simply fax over the document you received when you filed (you don't have to wait for discharge papers). It shows the date of filing, the case number, the trustee and judge, etc The fax number is 602-659-2197

For telecheck we are also told people are being removed by sending in bankruptcy papers to fax number 402-916-8160. I don't have the number on me right now for Telecheck but I think if you google them you can find them. You can call and see if you are in their system.

For Early Warning Services (EWS) we are being told that they will not remove you if you have filed or had a bankruptcy discharged. If the report shows an amount owed, they will however change it to 0.00 owed. You can contact them at 800-325-7775 to find out how.
    Wow, thanks for the info
    Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
    Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

If you have had a bankruptcy, ChexSystems will remove you.

Chexsystems does have a department that deal with those that have filed a bankruptcy

The direct number to the BK department. It is (800) 934-5458 . You need to simply fax over the document you received when you filed (you don't have to wait for discharge papers). It shows the date of filing, the case number, the trustee and judge, etc The fax number is 602-659-2197

For telecheck we are also told people are being removed by sending in bankruptcy papers to fax number 402-916-8160. I don't have the number on me right now for Telecheck but I think if you google them you can find them. You can call and see if you are in their system.

For Early Warning Services (EWS) we are being told that they will not remove you if you have filed or had a bankruptcy discharged. If the report shows an amount owed, they will however change it to 0.00 owed. You can contact them at 800-325-7775 to find out how.
      I faxed my bankruptcy filing paper to Chex today. How long of a turn around time was it for you, once they received your fax? Did they send you an updated Chex report?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicollette View Post
        I faxed my bankruptcy filing paper to Chex today. How long of a turn around time was it for you, once they received your fax? Did they send you an updated Chex report?
        I would say about 10 days and yes you will get a new report.

Comment

Great info Prindia. I mailed my docs in, wish I knew that fax number before!
          Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
          The rebuilding begins

Comment

I never had to do any of this after my bankruptcy... what is the cause that you guys need to clean up these reports? Is it because you had bounced checks at the banks before your bankruptcy?
            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
              I never had to do any of this after my bankruptcy... what is the cause that you guys need to clean up these reports? Is it because you had bounced checks at the banks before your bankruptcy?
              The are some on here, including myself, that has been reported to Chex, by banks, and credit unions for overdrawn accounts, etc. Thus, making it hard to open a new account elsewhere, because alot of banks run a Chexsystems report before opening a new account.

Comment

Well, I called Telecheck today, and they received my BK papers that I faxed last week. They updated my file, so debts that I had with them, are cleared up. Now I'm just waiting on Chexsystems to update my file. I called them also, and they said it takes 8 to 10 business days to process.

Comment

Well, I called Telecheck today, and they received my BK papers that I faxed last week. They updated my file, so debts that I had with them, are cleared up. Now I'm just waiting on Chexsystems to update my file. I called them also, and they said it takes 8 to 10 business days to process.
                  That's Great! You will receive an updated report with chex systems once they are done.

Comment

Wouldn't this constitute a continued attempt to collect a discharged debt if being reported in this system can prevent one from opening a new account, having checks accepted in stores, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
                      Wouldn't this constitute a continued attempt to collect a discharged debt if being reported in this system can prevent one from opening a new account, having checks accepted in stores, etc?

Actually, No because they are going to change it to a zero balance. They will not collect on the debt but they will keep you in their system. Even if you were to pay it with EWS they would just the account in 0 but report for a total of 7 years. Most places uses Telecheck to accept checks at the stores and most banks uses chex systems to open accounts. The few banks that do use EWS are Chase, Wells fargo and Bank of America. To be honest with you I really don't want to do business with them anyways, I do prefer credit unions.

Comment

The few banks that do use EWS are Chase, Wells fargo and Bank of America. To be honest with you I really don't want to do business with them anyways, I do prefer credit unions.
                        I prefer credit unions myself

Comment

This is an update about Chexsystems. I called them again today, which is the 10th business day, and they told me all negative info on my Chex report was removed, and I should be receiving a letter about it within 5 to 7 days

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X