Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Report question

Hello,

I has pulled my credit report and noticed that on accounts which I included in bankruptcy that it shows that I was late on the account (i.e. 30 days, 60 days). If an account is included in bankruptcy does it still have to show this information? I assume it does but I figured I'd ask the experts, thanks.

If you were late paying on any accounts prior to your BK filing date or any account charged off prior to your filing date, that information will remain and cannot be removed. Accounts included in your bankruptcy will be listed as being in BK (will indicate the chapter) and should have a zero balance and no late payments or charge offs listed after the filing date.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

We have three accts...same cu, all reaffirmed. (long story but a good thing to reaffirm in our case)
      These accts were set up to pay automatically from our checking monthly (never been late)
      When we filed, this cu froze our checking & savings accts. During the "stay" they reported us as not paying. (they had the "frozen" funds) Upon discharged they unfroz accts & transfered funds to bring those accts current.

My question is.... during the "Stay" can they report lates on these accts?

BTW... lesson learned, NEVER have your assets & loans in same institution.
      Making financial failure my teacher, not my undertaker!
      Ch7 Filed 9/23/09
      341 11/05/09
      01/07/2010 Discharge!!

Comment

After you receive your full bankruptcy discharge, make sure to send a copy to all of your credit reporting agencies. They will remove all evidence of late payments and just show 'discharged in bankruptcy'.
        If you don't send notices of your discharge to the credit reporting agencies though, they don't know to remove the negative info and change it to DIB though.

--William
        I am an attorney, but I am just not your attorney.
        As such, any statement is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by BKDefender View Post
          After you receive your full bankruptcy discharge, make sure to send a copy to all of your credit reporting agencies. They will remove all evidence of late payments and just show 'discharged in bankruptcy'.
          If you don't send notices of your discharge to the credit reporting agencies though, they don't know to remove the negative info and change it to DIB though.

--William
          Most information is updated by the creditors themselves within three months or sooner after discharge. It is usually best to give creditors sufficient time to update the information and then obtain copies of credit reports. If you send in a creditor matrix to all three reporting agencies, each agency doesn't report each creditor listed on the matrix and it can create chaos especially if there are duplicate accounts listed if the debt has been sold (been there). Unless one is anxious to apply for credit immediately after discharge or suspects fraud or identity theft, it's best to wait a while after discharge for accounts to be updated by the creditor. The majority of ours were during that period.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X