Stay away from B of A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay away from B of A

I found the B of A Secured Card online, and it looked great, and it didn't say that there was any requirement to have not declared bankruptcy recently. I asked their rep in the online chat and on the phone and they both said that wouldn't automatically disqualify me. I submitted the app, and it said I'd receive it 7 days after they transferred the funds. They never took the money out of my account and a week later sent me a denial letter and the only reason on it was because I had a recent bankruptcy.

Citibank will also do this. They just don't want recently discharged customers, and certainly they may blacklist customers who have discharged debt with them. Your best bet, if you can, is to try a secured card through a credit union. However, many credit unions are picky about members who have poor credit.

Best of luck to you.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X