American Express...whats up with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Express...whats up with that?

My discharge was on the 23rd and I pulled a credit report today. All my credit card accounts were closed except my American Express. I've been using it simply to help rebuild my credit and have been paying it off each month. Should I expect them to close this account eventually? I read somewhere on here that someone else had a similar experience. This account was not included in the bankruptcy but neither were a couple of the other ones.
    Filed Ch7 12/11/09 | 341: 1/20/10 | Discharge: 3/23/10

You could get lucky and it will stay open or they could close it tomorrow. Many people find that some cards that stay open for a while after filing (that are not included in the BK filing due to zero balance) can be closed at a moment's notice and you usually find that out when you go to use it and find it closed. What usually happens is when AMEX pulls your credit report for any reason and sees your BK filing, in all probability it will get closed. There is no guarantee.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

yup, it happens. my amex is still alive and kicking. i charge about $400 each month (mostly stuff that's to be reimbursed by somebody else). pay it off. it will probably stay open unless i do something that causes them to review my account. it still has not been a year since filing, so if they do some kind of annual checks i may not have been hit yet. we'll see!
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X