Orchard Bank Credit Line Increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orchard Bank Credit Line Increase?

Ive had my Orchard Bank card since April, 2009. I have yet to receive a credit line increase despite paying on time, every time, and paying in full. My other cards (Hooters, credit one) have both given me CLI without me asking... they just added a little note on one of my statements "We've reviewed your payment history and have given you an increase".

To those out there with an Orchard Bank card:
    So what gives? Do I have to request an increase or do they do it automatically?

Im at the one year point "this month" btw.
    Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
    Discharged 4-17-09!!!
    Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
    "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

My hubby and I both had Orchard cards pre-bk and had to request an increase to even be considered for one.
    Filed 8/2009
    Discharged & Closed 11/2009
    Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

I cancelled my Orchard because they charge an annual fee!!!

Comment

So the general consensus is to wait, otherwise if you ask they will charge you for an increase? Nice.
        Discharged 4-17-09!!!

Comment

I just opened mine in Jan 2010. I had to pay the $59 af but plan to cancel by year's end. I don't see any gain from this card besides getting at least almost a full year's credit history in charging and paying off. I got this card mainly to rebuild credit. If there was no annual fee, I would keep it open. Also, since my limit is just $300, shouldn't be that big of a hit on my CR since my overall credit limit will drop by only $300 (as of now, I do not have any other cards).

In a couple of more months, I plan to start building to a higher CL card (possibly CapitalOne but I BK'd on them.. but some have been able to open new accounts event though they BK'd on them, too). We'll see.
          Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

I guess with BK, you should be lucky to even have a cc at all.
            you filed BK, now its like you are owed a credit increase...they
            do not owe you anything...your lucky if you did not get a
            decrease, which I got...

Comment

Originally posted by dscurlock View Post
              decrease, which I got...
              I guess everyone sees things differently. I didn't read the OP as thinking they "deserve" a CLI, just wondering about the process that Orchard uses.
              Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

decrease, which I got...
                Sounds like you've been denied. I've had 5 credit cards since discharge 2.5 years ago.

I had a credit card lower my credit limit so I canceled it because they don't deserve my business. I now use my credit card with a 7K limit.

Logan

Comment

decrease, which I got...
                  Yeah I dont know where you are coming up with anyone thinking they were owed anything, but I was asking about what Orchards policy is... I dont need a credit line increase, I have another credit card with a $1400 limit so Orchards little measly $300 credit line doesnt make me loose sleep at night! Its been 12 months of super before the due date (sometimes I pay online, the day I get the statement in the mail) and I havent heard a peep but received increases on all of my other cards, some as early as 3 months of cardholdership.
                  Discharged 4-17-09!!!

Comment

I have my Orchard Bank credit card for about a year. I payed initial fee and have $200 limit. As far as I know when you have credit card in this bank the best benefit is your credit score, they report your credit history to credit bureaus. orchard-bank.pissedconsumer.com/
                    I can offer you to read additional information here.

Comment

Intoodeep....You discharged only a year and a half or so ago....which cc has given you the $1400 limit? I didn't file bk but, had some judgements. I've just gotten approved for an orchard bank and a capital 1 with a 300 limit. I'm looking to rebuild and the low limits will help in that process but, would like to achieve a higher limit in the future.

Comment

Orchard Credit Line Increase

I was approved for Orchard 09/2009, $300 limit. The rep told me if I paid on time I should get an increase in a year.

I called and requested an increase few weeks ago and was told they are not giving any increases now. All increases were frozen.

I didn't believe him, so I wrote a letter to the Chief Executive Officer (pm if you want his name). I told him all lenders are familiar with HSBC and know the Orchard Card is to help people with past credit problems re-build. I believe "Orchard" on a report screams I've had problems. I asked him for $100.00 increase because I felt that any increase would help my rating.

A lady called me in a few days. She was very nice and talked to me about 5 minutes, but also said increases were frozen at this time.

I would LOVE to cut my Orchard Bank card in 1000 pieces because I think the annual fee sucks but I need it to report right now. I swear I will only use it for a candy bar and pay it off each month. The thing is:it reports a positive payment and low debt ratio which also bumps my score up.

Hooters approved me which I'm very grateful for. It's all I need or want...a start.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X