Applied w/ orchard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applied w/ orchard

as much as I didn't really care too, hubby was wanting to at least have SOMETHING positive on our CR.

We read all the fineprint about the fee, and will prob. get a low limit, but heres my question..

They didn't automatically approve us, said they will review and get back in 10-14 days. We were instantly qualified though.

Is that just common, or should I expect to be denied... I certainly won't try again anywhere if that is the case.

Thanks!

Also, my fashion bug card made it through bk with no balance (it had zeor balance when we filed) and a $1900 limit (wont be goint THERE, obviously!) but IYO, should I charge say $50 a month and pay it off right away to get credit moving in MY name?
    Filing cpt.7 11/09 341- 1/21/10
    Report of no distribution 1/21/10
    Scheduled for discharge 3/22/10 (on my 15th wedding anniversary!)

Orchard is BK friendly and they usually approve instantly so you may have to see what comes out of what happened to you. I suspect denial but I could be wrong. Whatever it is, card or denial, will come in the snail mail. I suspect since you are so close to the filing and discharge of your Chapter 7 that worked against you. You really should have waited a few months or so past discharge. Try to avoid applying for cards cause you will get denied and you will rack up hard inquiries which work against you and stay on your credit reports for two years...those, combined with a recent BK showing, are black marks and will work against you with any creditor.

As to your Fashion Bug charge...it may or may not survive...the odds are it will not. Have you checked with their customer service to see if it is still open or accessed it online? They can close it at any time between now and several years down the road if they see BK on your credit reports - there is no guarantee. I had a Dress Barn card survive and stay open through the entire Chapter 13 years and then closed by the creditor two years after discharge due to "BK on my credit reports." As I stated, there is no guarantee and they can close it at any time if they wish.

Best of luck to you...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I only applied for Orchard last night and was approved online for $500..........

I was discharged on 12/14.

I waited this long mainly because I didn't want another card...but since I do want to get another mortgage someday, figured I needed to work on the score...
      Moving ahead with my fresh start!
      Ch 7 Discharge: 12/14/2009
      TT Report of No Dist! 03/31/2010
      Case CLOSED!!!: 04/28/2010

Comment

I applied for HSBC and was approved after 341 but before discharge. I'm guessing it's all still a crap shoot. I did have an HSBC credit card with a $22K limit and $0 balance when I filed. They closed that but were happy to offer me a card with a $500 limit.

As to your surviving credit card, I'd maybe put minimal charges on it each month and pay it off. Just be prepared to have it closed with no notice.
        Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

I had an interesting experience with Orchard Bank ...

Per the advice of some threads here at bk forum, I went in armed (not literally! ) when I applied online.

The first time I applied, Orchard denied me, saving they need to review the application and will contact me in 10-14 days, and recommended a secured card. I went back 15 minutes later, re-applied via the website and was approved for my "platinum" card that I still have today! $300 limit.

Only 1 hard inquiry too, despite applying twice.
          Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
          Discharged 4-17-09!!!
          Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
          "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

Comment

Don't be too hard on the OP. She's my neighbor in real life and I told her how we applied for our cards right after discharge and were approved. At that time, I think credit was a little bit more flowing than it is now.

J, I hope you get your Orchard Bank card
            Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
            341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
            Last day for objections: 7-14-08
            Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

i applied with orchard today, and got a $300 limit with 14.20% apr.
              i didn't even get discharged yet, but they still approve me.
              i used to have 3 credit card with in them in the past.
              all paid off and closed.
              its a nice start to get my credit rebuilt.
              (also got a $2500 loan from local CC)
              341 - March 8, 2010
              Last date of objection - May 7, 2010
              Discharged - May 17, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X