Enough to rebuild??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enough to rebuild??

I am paying on two student loans and reaffirmed my car loan. Is that enough to rebuild my credit or will I need to eventually apply for a credit card?
    Filed Chapter 7: 02/18/10
    341 Meeting: 04/02/2010
    Discharged: 06/10/10
    Closed: 06/10/10

Colorfulstom - I know it sounds contrary to what one might think because it might be what caused you to get into this mess, but you should get a $500 to $1k credit card, charge it up to no more than 60% of it's available credit line ($300 or $600), then each month pay $125, wait a few days then charge up to $100 on it. Your card will show usage, it will carry a balance (which is what the credit card companies want to see - i.e. you're a good customer they make money from), and your balance will decrease slowly over time showing you are paying it off.

Doing this will often recover your credit score by 100-150pts within the first 12 months if you have a decent score now (~600). If you have less than 600, then you'll often surpass your pre-filing credit score.

--William
    I am an attorney, but I am just not your attorney.
    As such, any statement is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X