Late reports of IIB killing credit scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late reports of IIB killing credit scores

I've passed six months from my Chapter 7 discharge, and my scores have gone down when I believe they should be going up. Pulled today from MyFICO I have Equifax 616, TransUnion 581. January 2010 was Equifax 648, TransUnion 588, and the biggest factor is "payment history" which being totally falsified by creditors either repeatedly updating accurate "IIB Balance $0", or one creditor who just got around to filing their IIB in April and May of this year. The report says I have a one month old delinquency on TransUnion, a two month old delinquency on Equifax (that's Toyota Motor credit just filing IIB on my paid as agreed auto lease).

I also have the CitiIdentity service giving me FAKO scores for all three bureaus, here's what I get:

Bureau Equifax Experian Transunion

Prefiling (7/2009) 513 545 523
    After Dischg (1/2010) 582 616 575
    Now (5/2010) 572 646 585

From December through the present I added a secured installment loan and secured credit card, and have a perfect payment record on all my open accounts. My average age of accounts actually got longer because Amex appeared out of the woodwork and posted an IIB on an old item that aged off for both reporting and statute of limitations 10 years ago, but shows 37 years old.

When I run the Score Simulator it shows that 6 months of ontime payments would raise Equifax to 636-646, the change is even larger on Transunion, simulator says it would jump to 641-681. The impact in the simulator is bigger than that of paying down all revolving debt or adding an additional credit card with a $3,000 limit. So I think that's a marker of the damage I'm suffering.

I've filed online disputes with Equifax and Experian saying they can't date the IIB accounts beyond the discharge. TransUnion won't take such a dispute online so mailed a letter with hardcopy of the discharge CMRRR.

It grieves me to wait out the "investiugation" process when I believe the responsibility lies with the CRAs. Do they ultimately have the legal responsibility here? If so do I need to wait or should I write each of them saying so?
    Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

If you file the online dispute, the bad info can come right back on your report next month. The CRA's do not have to correct the information as they would if you were to file the dispute in writing (CMRRR). For some reason online disputes can be temporarily removed and then returned. Check the FCRA to verify this info or debtorboards or www.creditinfocenter.com
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

It took us almost two years past our discharge to straighten out the constant mess that never really got totally cleaned up because once we had it al right with them, a few m onths later the old stuff was back on there and even strangely incorrect at times with wrong dates of Bk filing, changing our Chapter 13 filing to a Chapter 7, etc. By the time we got our reports totally cleaned up, the BK was ready to come off our records (7 years after filing). Best of luck...it takes a while.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

There are a wealth of templates that pertain to this and other situations on creditboardsdotcom that can help you draft specific letters to any given situation. I have used them and the ones I have used worked.
        Last edited by wlonsdale; 05-28-2010, 07:31 AM. Reason: Add information

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X