top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got my 2nd Credit Card since my BK....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my 2nd Credit Card since my BK....

I've been discharged for almost 3 years and while I've heard that people are bombarded with CC offers I have not had that experience. I just received my 2nd offer in 3 years and my 1st in almost 2 years.

The offer is in the trash but it will be interesting to see if I get any more.

Logan

A good spot for that offer! I seem to get quite a few from Capital One, Premier, and maybe one or two others that have the outrageous annual fees, but only 9.9% interest! Do the math... with a $300 limit, the fees are a much higher than any interest you would ever pay!

Mine are all in the trash as well. I am not going to live my life by someone else's model of "needing credit."
    Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
    Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
    If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

I've gotten several offers and have opened two cards post-discharge (7+ years ago). What strikes me as unusual is that I am now receiving pre-approvals for offers on cards I included in BK. I just got a pre-approved Amex gold application in the mail. I Bk'd an Amex green and an Amex blue. They've got my last name correct, a typo in my first name, and the address where I was living when I BK'd (but I used a po box for all of my cards, street address shows on my credit report).

I'm not planning to open any cards, but wonder whether these companies would deal with me now. I've heard Amex blacklists forever.

Comment

Originally posted by meateater View Post
        I've gotten several offers and have opened two cards post-discharge (7+ years ago). What strikes me as unusual is that I am now receiving pre-approvals for offers on cards I included in BK. I just got a pre-approved Amex gold application in the mail. I Bk'd an Amex green and an Amex blue. They've got my last name correct, a typo in my first name, and the address where I was living when I BK'd (but I used a po box for all of my cards, street address shows on my credit report).

I'm not planning to open any cards, but wonder whether these companies would deal with me now. I've heard Amex blacklists forever.
        Remember, "preapproved" means nothing - it usually means they got your name from a mailing list somewhere, or even if you ever returned a warranty card to the company that manufactured a product you purchased. The term "preapproved" is put on there in the hopes one will send in the application with their SS# and other info to apply. If one was actually "preapproved," a credit application would not have to be filled out.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Never_Again View Post
          A good spot for that offer!
          My wife has credit scores of 800+ so I use one of her cards with a 25K credit limit. No reason for me to get another credit card. I haven't checked my credit since I've become a authorized user so I don't know if it reports on my credit or not. I don't follow my credit anymore since I have all the credit I need and I pay everything on time so my score should only improve.

Logan

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X