Those with Hooters cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those with Hooters cards

I applied for Cap. 1 (which my husband got approved for a few months ago) and was denied. I had a Macy's Visa which had a $300 limit, which was great for me because I just want to rebuild credit...but they decided "based on my credit not to renew my card." Um, thanks...wish they would have done it when we filed, but whatever.

So, I just applied for a Hooters card. It said I was approved. So, my question is what kind of limit can I expect? What about an annual fee? It didn't indicate any of this, other than to say $0-39 for an annual fee.

Just curious about others experience! Thanks!
    Filed CH 7 10/14/09
    341 11/18/09 DONE!
    Discharged 1/19/10!

Applied for a Hooters last week and got the 7-10 business days decision notice... keeping my fingers crossed! Anyway, so what limit, fee and interest rate did you get? Inquiring minds want to know...
    November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

Originally posted by momtoroxy View Post
      I applied for Cap. 1 (which my husband got approved for a few months ago) and was denied. I had a Macy's Visa which had a $300 limit, which was great for me because I just want to rebuild credit...but they decided "based on my credit not to renew my card." Um, thanks...wish they would have done it when we filed, but whatever.

So, I just applied for a Hooters card. It said I was approved. So, my question is what kind of limit can I expect? What about an annual fee? It didn't indicate any of this, other than to say $0-39 for an annual fee.

Just curious about others experience! Thanks!
      I applied for Hooters Card about 2 months ago. I got the same 7-10 notice... After 3 weeks I got a call from the credit department asking me a few questions and then they approved it over the phone. They did not know the credit limit. I got the card a week later with a $500 limit. My annual fee was $39. This varies based on your credit score, mine was terrible about 600.

Comment

Hooters I believe denied me. I however did get approved for a capital one card the week of my discharge. I have an orchard bank visa,which is also through HSBC. My payment history is good,and my debt to income ratio is at 15%. I just pulled up my complete credit report earlier through equifax. My fico score is considered fair at a 622 right now. It was in the very low 500's prior to filing chapter 7. It's a start. If I can just bump it up to that good category, I will feel so much better. I want to get a car.
        Chapter 7 filed 2/26/2010
        341 meeting 4/18/2010
        Discharged 6/14/2010-On our way back up the ladder from a rough patch.
        FICO score goal by June 2011:720+

Comment

My hooters card has a 1,100 limit with no annual fee. My Trans Union score at the time was like 650 or something like that... I applied a couple months after discharge.
          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
          Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I got approved for $750; 14% APR; no annual fee.
            Filed CH 7 10/14/09
            341 11/18/09 DONE!
            Discharged 1/19/10!

Comment

Sorry but what is a Hooters card?

I have never heard of it before.
              "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                Sorry but what is a Hooters card?

I have never heard of it before.

It is a mastercard. I have seen many people get approved for them,but I was denied.
                Chapter 7 filed 2/26/2010
                341 meeting 4/18/2010
                Discharged 6/14/2010-On our way back up the ladder from a rough patch.
                FICO score goal by June 2011:720+

Comment

Originally posted by SPalin View Post
                  Applied for a Hooters last week and got the 7-10 business days decision notice... keeping my fingers crossed! Anyway, so what limit, fee and interest rate did you get? Inquiring minds want to know...
                  Just got a notification from ScoreWatch that I have a new Hooter's account with a $500 limit, don't know what the interest rate (not to concerned as I PIF most months) or AF are, but will update when I get the card!
                  November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

I was given a Hooters Mastercard with $1,000 limit, 14% and no annual fee. They are very BK friendly.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Got the card today... yeah no AF!!! and 16.45% interest... looks like it will be my new favorite card! Best Buy maybe getting closed next Feburary, since they are charging me an AF and is only $300 CL!

Comment

I got a Hooters Mastercard a few months after discharge. They gave me $1750 limit and 16.44% interest. It has been handy to have and I've used it for travel and unexpected emergencies. It's about a year later now and they just increased my limit to $2050. I'm happy with them in every aspect. I'm sure they are happy with me too as I do pay on time every time!

Comment

Originally posted by UhOh View Post
                          I got a Hooters Mastercard a few months after discharge. They gave me $1750 limit and 16.44% interest. It has been handy to have and I've used it for travel and unexpected emergencies. It's about a year later now and they just increased my limit to $2050. I'm happy with them in every aspect. I'm sure they are happy with me too as I do pay on time every time!
                          Do you ever carry a balance? My research shows that by paying your credit lines down to $0 does more harm than good to the credit score.

Comment

I do let some small balance roll in there for just that purpose. I have no idea if it is true or not but for a couple dollars finance charge, I am doing it for a while. I think it shows a payment history and shows potential new creditors they can make a couple bucks off me too.

Comment

The only thing I don't like about the Hooters Card is their pathetic web site.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X