Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i dispute this?

filed bk in july
    equifax report shows all accts iib except a credit card from credit one bank. it still has a balance of 599.00 and shows as a chargeoff
    i have disputed twice thru equifax...what is my next step?
    also a judgement that was rendered in june didnt show up on my credit reports until this month (october) and this debt was included in my bk 7 filing...how do i go about disputing this? can they at least update the judgement to show iib? my transunion score went down 13 pts once this hit..not sure about equifax...

I believe that you need to have the judgment vacated in the court where it was granted. Contact your attorney and see if he/she would be willing to handle a motion to vacate for you. You can do it yourself with a little research as well.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

You can both vacate the judgment by sending a copy of your discharge to the court that issued the judgment, and you can dispute the judgment on your credit report as included in bankruptcy. I did this with my two vacated judgments and they no longer report on any of my credit reports.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by felice View Post
        filed bk in july
        equifax report shows all accts iib except a credit card from credit one bank. it still has a balance of 599.00 and shows as a chargeoff
        i have disputed twice thru equifax...what is my next step?
        also a judgement that was rendered in june didnt show up on my credit reports until this month (october) and this debt was included in my bk 7 filing...how do i go about disputing this? can they at least update the judgement to show iib? my transunion score went down 13 pts once this hit..not sure about equifax...
        If the credit one credit card was charged off BEFORE the BK filing it will remain listed as a charge off. Contrary to what another claims to know.

Comment

We both addressed only the judgment here. I don't know anything about how the charge-off is listed or what a person could or could not do about it...just wanted to clarify that ;)

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaJoeBob View Post
            If the credit one credit card was charged off BEFORE the BK filing it will remain listed as a charge off. Contrary to what another claims to know.
            Although BubbaJoe is banned for being a negative troll, he is correct that any charge offs that are posting before bk will remain on the report as charge offs. As free2breathe says I was addressing the judgments not the charge offs.

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
              Although BubbaJoe is banned for being a negative troll, he is correct that any charge offs that are posting before bk will remain on the report as charge offs. As free2breathe says I was addressing the judgments not the charge offs.
              Really? Does that mean the charge offs will stay on your report for as long as the bk or judgment as well or will they fall off before 10 years?
              Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

They should fall off after 7 years. I think bankruptcy in chapter 7 is about the only thing that stays for 10.

Comment

Originally posted by wnguyen View Post
                  Really? Does that mean the charge offs will stay on your report for as long as the bk or judgment as well or will they fall off before 10 years?
                  They will fall off 7 years from the first late notation. (and the first late is usually before filing bk) The bk public record is the only thing that stays on your credit report for 10 years.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X