Small CR Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small CR Error

I've search and found similar topics on my question but nothing specific. I apologize if I'm repeating a question already asked. Thanks in advance for all replies.

Post bk, I did my 3 credit reports. At first glance all reporting seemed to be accurate. Now that I'm reviewing all three, I've found a small error on Equifax and I'm wondering if it is significant. Equifax has changed their report format. They have two columns, "Date of First Deliquency" and "Date Major Delinquency First Reported".

Under the 1st column my Citibank/Home Depot card is reporting a 30 day late as of June '09. I only used that card for HD promotional offers/ no payment no interest for a year. I paid off the PO's on the due dates to avoid accured interest. My CR states there is no 81-month payment history available.... I can understand as there were no more than 2 or 3 PO due dates per year.

Is this mistake significant? Is it worth contesting?

Again thanks for all replies!

A 30 day late that is 18 months old will have a small effect on your reports. If you have already filed bk and are cleaning up your reports, it won't hurt to include that in your disputes, but the effect on your score at this point is low.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Thanks Backtoschool for the reply.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X