So is 1 enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
    LSU!!! You bad boy....However, your statement is still accurate. ;)
    and amy!! i wasn't laughing about YOU...you have to admit you fell right into that one!!!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I didn't say anything... It was cute. Although derailing of my point in the post!
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I didn't say anything... It was cute. Although derailing of my point in the post!
        it surely did...happens sometimes...
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

You know (I'm a woman btw), I get a lot of compliments on my Hooters card when I use it. I'm not embarassed at all... why would I be? Its just a card with a big Owl on it ... I think its a cool card actually. I have given it to people at restaurants and when the waitor comes back I usually get "that card rocks" or "I love your credit card" ... I have yet to get a look that is like "Umm... why do you have a hooters card?"

I actually love my hooters card... its my best credit card post BK aside from my capital one card. The only downside is what I just said in another post about them not raising my limit... but they do in fact report to the bureaus consistently.

Technically I think the magic credit card number is 3. But for building credit after bankruptcy I'm sure 1 is sufficient at first. I have three and that's where I stopped. I might get rid of my reward zone master card at some point because that one is the worst terms ... its 500 with a 39 dollar annual fee. But I have the hooters at 1,100 and my capital one card at 1,500. Honestly, I like low limits so that I could never be tempted to run the limit up but I also know that low limits are hurting my scores.

My husband and I are hoping to be able to buy a house in 2 years. So, I have some time yet to get things where I want them... course I think I'm doing pretty well when in less than a year I took my score from 598 to 712.
          we are hoping the same thing...to be able to purchase this home....so we now have 2 cards...not three as yet. we did get one joint...which was a 2k limit...no fee and no interest for six months...then one other each...one with 1500...no fee both have 12.99 % and the other is 1300...but we had to pay $39 yearly for that one.

our scores immediately following the bk were 690 and 685...b2s has pointed out they may have been a bit better than most since we never were actually late until we filed the bk...it's almost like they didn't have the opportunity to report a poor credit history.

we chose...unlike many to continue to pay them up until we filed...against our atty's advise..it was a personal choice..many do not agree with.

i'm still going to reserve my opinion as to whether it actually helped or not upon pulling our next credit report. we hope in 2 years or so we can hopefully get a mortgage...

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
            Without giving up too much information.....just believe me when I tell you that she could easily get a job there!

** This post ought to make things interesting around here! **

I don't know how I missed this post earlier, I think it was subconsious.

I am glad to know that you think I have a backup career in case I get sick of being an analyst LSU. I wonder if smacking people for treating me like a piece of meat will get earn me a livable wage in tips.

If I am an epic fail as a Hooter's waitress, I will be posting more frequently on the "before the discharge" side of the board as I wait out my eight years to refile bk due to my lack of tips.
            You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
              i'm NOT saying a word...LOL!!!!!!!...really you didn't apply at hooters...and why pray-tell??
              Seriously, it's because I was embarrassed to carry the card. I know I am being ridiculous. But I have my three cards so I was spared having to push the boundaries of my neurosis.

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post

I am glad to know that you think I have a backup career in case I get sick of being an analyst LSU. I wonder if smacking people for treating me like a piece of meat will get earn me a livable wage in tips.

If I am an epic fail as a Hooter's waitress, I will be posting more frequently on the "before the discharge" side of the board as I wait out my eight years to refile bk due to my lack of tips.
                PLEASE!!! B2S!!! i can't take this before 5 pm!! PLEASE!~ ROFL!!!!!!

Comment

we are hoping the same thing...to be able to purchase this home....so we now have 2 cards...not three as yet. we did get one joint...which was a 2k limit...no fee and no interest for six months...then one other each...one with 1500...no fee both have 12.99 % and the other is 1300...but we had to pay $39 yearly for that one.

our scores immediately following the bk were 690 and 685...b2s has pointed out they may have been a bit better than most since we never were actually late until we filed the bk...it's almost like they didn't have the opportunity to report a poor credit history.

we chose...unlike many to continue to pay them up until we filed...against our atty's advise..it was a personal choice..many do not agree with.

i'm still going to reserve my opinion as to whether it actually helped or not upon pulling our next credit report. we hope in 2 years or so we can hopefully get a mortgage...
                  I also did the same thing. I do not have any lates, charge offs, collections or anything on my credit report. I was current on my bills right up to filing. The only thing I was behind on was my mortgage but they were just too lazy to report me as behind. I believe it has helped me greatly in my credit repair as my scores are actually higher now than they were before I filed. I'm in the 700's now.
                  BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.

Comment

I also did the same thing. I do not have any lates, charge offs, collections or anything on my credit report. I was current on my bills right up to filing. The only thing I was behind on was my mortgage but they were just too lazy to report me as behind. I believe it has helped me greatly in my credit repair as my scores are actually higher now than they were before I filed. I'm in the 700's now.
                    amy!! that's so interesting we too, it was the exact situation...and only the mortgage because chase said we had to be 3 months behind to file for the loan mod....shoot..you know, i think had be paid up until we filed and then surrendered the house our fico scores maybe would have been even higher... although we were in the 800's before disaster hit us.

Comment

which one is it again?? LOL!!!!!!!
                      It's the sense of humor.....hopefully! Or I got screwed!
                      New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

LSU!!! You bad boy....However, your statement is still accurate. ;)
                        LOL!!! Nice!!!
                        New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

It's the sense of humor.....hopefully! Or I got screwed!
                          well...i couldn't or wouldn't let it slide on thru.... that would NOT be right.

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post

Let's see.......Hooters and getting slapped around, something tells me you would do just fine with the tips thing!

Comment

amy!! that's so interesting we too, it was the exact situation...and only the mortgage because chase said we had to be 3 months behind to file for the loan mod....shoot..you know, i think had be paid up until we filed and then surrendered the house our fico scores maybe would have been even higher... although we were in the 800's before disaster hit us.
                              I did everything I could think of with our mortgage... but they were not helpful. I purchased a condo in 2007 for 250k ...normal mortgage... no crazy back office under the table loans... just standard conventional. I had 60k in equity in the home when I bought it. Then in less than 2 years the value dropped over 150k. It was not pretty... I was keeping it and renting it out despite the market but then after being unemployed for 8 months and no unemployment money... it didn't look good... :P

Comment

Let's see.......Hooters and getting slapped around, something tells me you would do just fine with the tips thing!
                                LSU is being a naughty boy again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X