Unclear on Credit Report "Reported" date after discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unclear on Credit Report "Reported" date after discharge

I am aware of what information may be reported on an account after discharge. What is not clear is whether a "Reported" date long post filing is allowed. That is, can a former creditor report IIB/$0 "Reported: 10/30/2010" if the bankruptcy was filed 5/2010 and discharged 10/2010.

If this is allowed how is the aging of the information calculated since the bankruptcy date does not appear in the individual item report?

Thanks for your help in clarifying what I am allowed to dispute with the CRA and/or creditor.

There are other fields within the data record that contain the dates that control the statute of reporting limitations clock. The date of first default is probably not showing. Date reported is just the date the creditor has updated the record. Looks/sounds like in your case is that after your discharge they updated the tradeline for the final time. I have seen them update them every month but nothing changes. It is all a matter of when the input data that is provided to the bureaus is cleaned up. Eventually your trade line will not show up on their monthly update file to the bureaus.

did that help?

Comment

Originally posted by jjdonn View Post
      I am aware of what information may be reported on an account after discharge. What is not clear is whether a "Reported" date long post filing is allowed. That is, can a former creditor report IIB/$0 "Reported: 10/30/2010" if the bankruptcy was filed 5/2010 and discharged 10/2010.

If this is allowed how is the aging of the information calculated since the bankruptcy date does not appear in the individual item report?

Thanks for your help in clarifying what I am allowed to dispute with the CRA and/or creditor.
      The reported date is different than the date of last deliquency. If you dispute and the cra goes to the creditor for an update, that will change your reported date to the date of your dispute. The reported date does not affect the FICO. It is the date of last delinquency that affects your score negatively.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I understand your point, however, I do not see any "date of last delinquency" in any of the three CRA reports. How can I determine the date they are using for this in scoring?

Thanks again for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by jjdonn View Post
          I understand your point, however, I do not see any "date of last delinquency" in any of the three CRA reports. How can I determine the date they are using for this in scoring?

Thanks again for the clarification.
          The "date of last delinquency" is not a field on each credit line per se. Your last negative should show on each negative account. For the accounts you bk'ed that would be the filing of bk on the month you filed. For your accounts that were late or charged off prior to filing bk, that would be the date the card was charged off, or the last late date before you filed bk.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X