Stuff is missing from my post BK credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuff is missing from my post BK credit report

Of course, I am in no way complaining about this but...

I was discharged last Aug 09. I was a no asset Ch. 7. I pretty much just BK'd 4 cc's and my Verizon account for my cell phone. Total BK was arond 32K.

Here my question/dilemma?: I reran my credit report a few weeks ago just because I was curious to see how it looked. I did Experian and one of my cc's that I BK'd is not even on the report. And it is the BIGGEST one that I BK'd. Amount owed was around 23K - so that is a big chuck of my BK amount! The rest of my cc's that a BKd were small amounts like 6K and 2K.

I mean, I am not complaining because the report makes it look like my BK was under 10K! But what happened? This is a Citibank card.

It is over a year later but this is the first time I have run the report since around April 09. The BK shows up on there and the other 3 cards but not the big Citibank BK. weird?

I ran through the other free credit reports too (one wouldn't let me run it though don't know why) and the other one showed pretty much the same thing - no Citibank card Bk on those either.

The rest of my credit report looks good because I never paid late and I have student loans etc on there that I paid off. I actually have several pages of good standing accounts and only four things from my BK (one BoA, two Chase, one Verizon)

But really? What happened to the Citibank BK? It is on my BK papers and everything. They even started calling me after I filed and I had to talk to someone there to get the computer to stop calling me (not surprising). The other cc's companies never called me.

Strange. Anyone else have this happen? I am just wondering if I should be concerned about it. Obviously, it is nice not to have the big card on there and the rest is correct. but...hmmmm?

The only thing I can think that might have happened was that right around the time that I was doing my BK, Citibank changed my acct number because of some random Fraud thingy and sent me a new card which I didn't know about until just after I did my filing. Even though the accounts were apparently connected I wonder if this has anything to do with this acct missing on my credit report. Since I was Bking Citibank, I never reactivated the new card. It was weird timing.
    "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
    http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
    1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Often credit cards will stop reporting during the automatic stay, and never start reporting again. This can lead to them being dropped from the reports. This doesn't happen that often, but is common in scenarios like the one you described where there was a freeze on the account or a change of account number.

If you are happy with the results don't dispute, but just watch your reports every now and then, as Citibank might reconcile their internal records and the account may appear again on your reports.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
      Often credit cards will stop reporting during the automatic stay, and never start reporting again. This can lead to them being dropped from the reports. This doesn't happen that often, but is common in scenarios like the one you described where there was a freeze on the account or a change of account number.

If you are happy with the results don't dispute, but just watch your reports every now and then, as Citibank might reconcile their internal records and the account may appear again on your reports.
      Thanks! Sounds good. I was just wondering whether or not I should be concerned. I am positive it is BKd so I guess I will just keep an eye out. Makes me look better without it on there!
      1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

I had the exact same thing happen to me today. Ironically, it's Citibank with me too for about the same amount as you. My husband and I were both signers on the card, and it's missing on both of our reports. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays missing for both of us!
        04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Originally posted by ssmdem View Post
          I had the exact same thing happen to me today. Ironically, it's Citibank with me too for about the same amount as you. My husband and I were both signers on the card, and it's missing on both of our reports. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays missing for both of us!

Just an update - I did my credit reports again last week (been a year!) Citibank is still MIA! (good Citibank STAY AWAY FROM ME 4EVER!) Yeah, I hope mine stays that way too! Not sure why this happened but makes me not look so bad! haha! Weird thing is I have more "positive" things on there than "negative" ones because up until my BK - I NEVER did not pay any bill late or miss a payment and I have many accounts (loans) paid off in excellent standing) - I used to have super excellent credit score (probably up towards the high 800) - which I also checked - and I was surprised to have it be 660! I don't have credit cards or anything right now to have raised it since the BK (I actually didn't even check my credit score after I was discharged so I have no idea if it went down or not)- just a credit union account with debit card. Honestly the BK is the ONLY bad item on my credit report before that it was "perfection"!

I find it hard to believe that I would be looked over for things like jobs with a credit score of 660 (if they are checking my credit score) - I know they are not supposed to discriminate against those with BKs on their histories (or so I read somewhere). But honestly if you look at the rest of my report - it is very "mild" not like a rash of irresponsible looking spending for my whole life. I know that probably doesn't matter - employers will pick just about anything nowadays to discriminate you on - but it still sucks. It is discrimination against the "poor and penniless" and those going through "hard times".

I will LMAO if the Cititbank account shows up on my credit report after the 7 year mark! hahahahaha!

Comment

Based on my own experience, closed accounts (I assume the Citi-account was closed) that dropped off the report CAN'T be "recovered" at a later time - so I don't think you have to be worried that this will come back later.
            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
            FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
            FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I also had 2 citi cards MIA. AND my AM EX is not on my report either. Been a yr since BK closed. They were my biggest creditor balances.
              filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
              "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

I checked my Equifax today! Citibank is STILL MIA!!! Yeah!!!!! I noticed that my balances that I owed do not show up on this report as they did with Experian which won't let me do another free one.

Comment

mine never did resurface either.
                  filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                  "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X