Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factors Impacting My Credit Score

Hello everyone!

As part of our Ch7 BK back in 2008, we chose not to reaffirm my auto loan with Chase or our mortgage with First Horizon. I took a peek at my credit report via myfico.com and both TU and EXP are displaying both my Chase and First Horizon account with an updated status date of 10/10. They both show as "Chapter 7 Bankruptcy" but appear to be continuing to report. However, according to myfico, because the account shows with a current updated status date, the account list as being a recent past due account and thus negatively impacting my score. Has anyone else run into this? MyFico support is telling me I need to Chase and First Horizon, but I'm not convinced that will do much

Thanks!
    Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
    341 Meeting - 08/13/08
    DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
    CLOSED - 10/20/08

You can try to dispute it with the credit bureaus, but understand that because you didn't reaffirm, you may end up losing the trade line reporting at all on your reports if you dispute. Because you didn't reaffirm, the creditors are not required to report the lines at all. If you dispute and the lines are removed from your reports, this might affect your scores even more negatively since, you will lose the aging that the accounts were providing.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Thanks backtoschool. I never thought of it from that point of view
      Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
      341 Meeting - 08/13/08
      DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
      CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X