Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creitor has pulled cr 50 times since bk

Hello,

I am thrilled to find this forum and very grateful for any assistance/advice you can send my way. If I am in the wrong thread, please direct me.

BK 07. Just pulled credit-TRANS, EX, and EQ are a MESS. I have successfully removed three accounts and have two to go. All still reporting Charge-offs, collections with balances etc.

A Credit Co. (can I say which?) have pulled my credit 50 TIMES since BK. 18 TU, 20 EQ and 9 EX. Most are soft-6 are hard. Two of their accounts were included in the chapter 7.

What can I do and where do I begin. I am MAD.

Thank you so much for any advice.

Hi Nashville:

Welcome to the Forum. I moved your post from the 'Bankruptcy & Credit News' board, which is reserved for news articles, to the 'Rebuilding Credit' board. I was unsure at first if you had completed your Ch7, but then I found your first post which indicated that you had filed and completed it in 2008. Am I correct?

Anyway, there are many members here, who I am sure will be glad to help you with your problems. Since we were discharged, my DH and I have gone 'cash only', and have not even bothered to look at our credit reports.

Good luck to you and welcome.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

It doesn't matter if they pull your report. It won't affect you.
      Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

nc73 - he indicates that they've done hard pulls, which do affect your credit rating.

Comment

Never heard of that happening. It's illegal is it not? Just sue them.
          Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Soft pulls are only seen by you and do not affect your credit...hard pulls will affect your credit if you have too many. If you did not authorize these hard pulls, dispute these as not authorized with a copy of your discharge (if required) and they will be deleted.

Comment

A 'hard pull' is when you actually apply for credit, soft pulls are when the credit reporting agency has sold their name list..hey, they have make $$ somewhere, right?

Write and dispute the hard pulls Nashville, shouldn't be too hard to get them removed.

Tom in Colo
              Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

It seems you waited a long time to clean up your credit reports - you really should have started about 3 months after your discharge; anyway, you need to go in and clean up and dispute anything that is incorrect. If you did not apply for any credit since that time, there should not be any hard pulls. All you need to do is start the clean up process and dispute what you believe are hard pulls by this creditor that was included in your BK filing and the CRA's will investigate and do the rest and inform you. It will take several months to get things cleaned up so be patient - it is not an easy or quick process.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Thank you all very much, I have a lot to learn.

I've already had two a/c deleted because still reported as charge-offs. I will start working on inq now. Scores are EX 609, EQ 598, TU not sure. I don't think that's too bad 3 years out of BK?

I have a Collection that was included in bk but still showed as open with a balance. I disputed with EQ and they up-dated to included in BK. Then, the Collection agancy sends me a demand for payment. Not sure what to do...jerk never up-dated and now wants payment.

Thanks! I'm learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Nashville View Post
                    I have a Collection that was included in bk but still showed as open with a balance. I disputed with EQ and they up-dated to included in BK. Then, the Collection agancy sends me a demand for payment. Not sure what to do...jerk never up-dated and now wants payment.

Thanks! I'm learning.
                    OOOOO free money. Violation of discharge injunction.
                    I hope they have that in mail/letter form. Courts LOVE paper trails.
                    3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
                    4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
                    4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
                    6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X