top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discharged, Jobless with credit card balance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged, Jobless with credit card balance?

Just curious: Anyone discharged for a couple of years, acquired credit cards, lost their jobs & with balances on the cards?
    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

No but since you are jobless don't worry about it. they can't come after you if you've got nothing.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
      No but since you are jobless don't worry about it. they can't come after you if you've got nothing.
      Very funny...not, no I'm not jobless and my cc debt is under $2K. Just curious about all the recently discharged are so anxious to paddle in the same boat without taking a credit card vacation.
      Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,

Comment

Just because you get a credit card doesn't mean you have a credit card balance.

This is about rebuilding credit not going back into debt. There is a difference.

FTW

Comment

Originally posted by FTWORTH View Post
          Just because you get a credit card doesn't mean you have a credit card balance.

This is about rebuilding credit not going back into debt. There is a difference.

FTW
          You don't have to be condescending about it. I've been discharged since 2007 and have around $15K in credit rebuilt since discharge with two credit cards. After my experience with bk back in 2005 to 2007 I chose not to rush right out after discharge for new plastic. I waited a year to make application and never dealt with any credit cards that required security. That is my experience with rebuilding. It's a total different economy since I filed bk and rebuilt; I was just curious to see if anyone had any experience with rebuilding, having credit card debt & being unemployed.

Comment

I didn't think FTWORTH's comment was condescending. I think you are reading into it too much.
            I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
            Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

I actually think the OP had a little hidden meaning here... asked an, albeit odd, but innocent question and then the following response was "Just curious about all the recently discharged are so anxious to paddle in the same boat without taking a credit card vacation." Like they were trying to trap someone into answering or something...
              BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
              Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                I actually think the OP had a little hidden meaning here... asked an, albeit odd, but innocent question and then the following response was "Just curious about all the recently discharged are so anxious to paddle in the same boat without taking a credit card vacation." Like they were trying to trap someone into answering or something...
                I totally agree Amy26. I think it was more of the same "my bankruptcy is better than yours and my credit repair is more responsible than yours" type of stuff that we see a lot of around here. As I have said many many times before on this forum, there is no one way to rebuild credit and what works for one person may not work for anyone else.
                You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Eh. I thought OP was an ahole but that's just me. He's jealous some of us decided to rebuild our credit early. I didn't end up bk because I lost my job. It was a choice. Now I have 2 credit cards from cap one and I pay the full balance every week, not every month. You can rebuild without credit but it sure won't be easy.
                  Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

It comes to my attention here, that recently, many of us have become hypersensitive. Personally I don't like the way this thread is heading. I have heard that this time of year, around holidays, seems that depression sets in easily. Several not one have become too sensitive.

My response about building credit is and has been a long time, that easy credit got us all here. Loss of job is one cause, but if you loose a job with no debt, you would NOT have to bk at all. I shall stay debt free because I shall NOT use a credit card. I will NOT use a check. I've learned by lesson. Your credit score will naturally go up anyway in time. I use a debit card that once there is no money in the account will not work. I save cash for any vacation. I save cash for an emergency. No I am unemployable I live off less in a month than most here get in a week.

I suggest that this may work for you, or you, or the other you, but, for me it works. Please lighten up on each other. We are all "FAMILY". 'Hub
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

LOL... umm ok... what does depression have to do with anything? Clearly the OP's post had hidden undertones and I'm sorry if you think we're "hypersensitive". But I do not agree with you.
                      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I had no hidden undertones.

Comment

Originally posted by FTWORTH View Post
                          I had no hidden undertones.
                          I think they were talking about the OP, not you. I personally thought the OP was trying to pick a fight of sorts with the "condescending" remark. It's also ironic that the OP hasn't defended him/her self since.
                          Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
                          Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                            LOL... umm ok... what does depression have to do with anything? Clearly the OP's post had hidden undertones and I'm sorry if you think we're "hypersensitive". But I do not agree with you.
                            Amy, It is a fact that people get depressed more around the Holiday Seasons. Perhaps it is frustration for the lack of money for gifting or many other things. Whether the OP had or did not have "undertones" is not the issue. Several parties where 'curt' with remarks that were 'biting' at each other. This is not the time of year to be what I called hypersensitive. Perhaps call it aggressively applying your answers.

'Tis the season to be Jolly, you know. There is no season to be disrespectful of a person's opinions. That was my only point. Nobody take it personally, please. 'Hub
                            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

It is a fact that people become more depressed during the holidays, especially those without families.

I try not to waste my time reading into people's hidden messages. Pointless to me.
                              I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
                              Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X