top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a Rooms to Go card even after including GEMB in bankruptcy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was shopping for a new mattress and saw the model I wanted in a Rooms to Go ad.

I could have paid for it in cash but saw that they offered the 13 months no interest financing so I decided to apply for their credit card. I had a couple of GEMB accounts that I included in bankruptcy back when I was discharged on 3/09.

Since I hadn't applied for anything in quite some time I figured one inquiry shouldn't hurt anything. So I asked for $1200 and came back with an instant approval of $5000!

I was under the impression they would have put me on their blacklist but I guess not.

So if you've worked on getting your credit re-established it looks like they're willing to give people second chances! For reference my Truecredit (FAKO) scores are as follows:

TU - 706
    EX - 723
    EQ - 716

Awesome! That should be a nice trade line for your rebuilding. Just use it wisely of course. ;)
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by trying_to_fix View Post
      Was shopping for a new mattress and saw the model I wanted in a Rooms to Go ad.

I could have paid for it in cash but saw that they offered the 13 months no interest financing so I decided to apply for their credit card. I had a couple of GEMB accounts that I included in bankruptcy back when I was discharged on 3/09.

Since I hadn't applied for anything in quite some time I figured one inquiry shouldn't hurt anything. So I asked for $1200 and came back with an instant approval of $5000!

I was under the impression they would have put me on their blacklist but I guess not.

So if you've worked on getting your credit re-established it looks like they're willing to give people second chances! For reference my Truecredit (FAKO) scores are as follows:

TU - 706
      EX - 723
      EQ - 716
      the issuer for roomstogo credit card is TDBank
      Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
      Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
      Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Originally posted by scorpion35 View Post
        the issuer for roomstogo credit card is TDBank
        It depends on the state. In the case of North Carolina it is a GE Money Bank card.

Notice when you go to the application it asks for your ZIP code so it can determine who provides the financing for you.

Comment

wow!! i'm impressed!! maybe the banks are getting a bit better?????
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I had a couple of GEMB accounts that I included in bankruptcy back when I was discharged on 3/09.
            How long after discharge did you apply?

Comment

Wow, I didn't think GE Money Bank was very BK friendly
              Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
              Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Originally posted by jpughs View Post
                How long after discharge did you apply?
                Well I was discharged on 3/08 so about 1 year and 9 months. But I began rebuilding my credit and got new credit cards about one month after discharge. So since then I've been proactively working on getting things rebuilt. In fact two of my cards were just given credit line increases so things are really starting to click now!

Originally posted by Nicollette View Post
                Wow, I didn't think GE Money Bank was very BK friendly
                Neither did I but I figured one wasted inquiry wouldn't be too big of a deal. I guess it goes to show that "rules" are subject to change.

Comment

Everything's easy . . . Rooms To Go Easy . . . Everything's easy at Rooms To Go.
                  You had to know that was coming, right?

Everything except paying their usurious asses back at 21%. So be careful. You really don't need that maplewood canopy bed that you've had your eyes on. Trust me. You don't.
                  Last edited by MSbklawyer; 12-17-2010, 06:10 PM.
                  Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X