top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creditors that continue to report on accounts included in bankruptcy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors that continue to report on accounts included in bankruptcy.

I have 2 creditors that are continuing to report on accounts that we included in our bankruptcy.

Every time I pull the credit report, the "last Reported" or "Reported" line shows the current month and year (e.g. 11/2010). On another report it says, "Balance Date" is 11/2010.

Our Bankruptcy was filed 7/09 and discharged 11/09.

I have disputed twice with Equifax and they say that the info was verified and have done nothing but continue to update the account each month.

Transunion took off the accounts from our credit report.

What is my next step? Are there any examples of letters to send? And to whom? Also, is there something in the FCRA that would back up the fact that creditors & credit bureaus can not do this?

Thanks so much for your help!

I had two Capital One accounts (both included in bankruptcy) that were reporting 30, 60, 90 etc. days late well after discharge on Equifax. I contacted Equifax and told them those accounts were included in bankruptcy, and they quickly fixed it.

I don't really know what to tell you - maybe contact the creditors to find out why they are reporting incorrectly?

Comment

reported date is different from 'status date' the reported date is just the date the account was reported to the credit agency. The important date is the 'status' or 'closed' date.

Comment

I had the exact same problem with CapitalOne. After this letter they stopped updating.

Capital One Bank USA NA
        P.O. Box 30281
        Salt Lake City, UT 84130

August 21, 2010

Via First Class Mail and Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested

Re: Acct #xxx

To Whom It May Concern:

This is my written notice of dispute pursuant to regulations recently adopted by all banking regulators and the Federal Trade Commission, effective July 1, 2010, which implement section 623.(a)8 of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Under these rules and the FCRA, Capital One Bank USA NA must investigate my dispute, review the enclosed documentation, and report your findings to me, making corrections to your reporting to Transunion, or deleting the trade line entirely.

I recently reviewed my credit report from Transunion and found that you were erroneously reporting this account as Included In Bankruptcy (IIB) with a status date after the discharge date of November 23, 2009. This erroneous reporting has damaged me by impeding my ability to secure credit. On May 28, 2010 Transunion signed a certified mail receipt for my dispute letter. Transunion subsequently reports that you verified this reporting as accurate.

Specifically, credit scoring schemes, such as FICO, from myfico.com, are identifying your reported line as more recent than November 2009 when the Bankruptcy Discharge was granted. You must ensure your reporting to Transunion does not create the misleading impression that this account was IIB later than November 2009.

I have enclosed the following documentation supporting this request:

A copy of my Driver’s License to prove my identity
        A copy of my Social Security Card proving my identity and association to this credit file
        A copy of my Bankruptcy Discharge
        A copy of Transunion’s claim that you verified this reporting
        Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

file your complaint today!! FTC......has a nice spot on their site you can do right on line......it works...i have reported 2 and they are fixed...

Is a debt collector calling? What can you do? What are your rights? The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) makes it illegal for debt collectors to use abusive, unfair, or deceptive practices when they collect debts. Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about your rights.

good luck!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Charlie: I'm saving this, so when I'm discharged I can send out this letter if need be, this is excellent, thanks

Originally posted by Charlie777 View Post
            I had the exact same problem with CapitalOne. After this letter they stopped updating.

Capital One Bank USA NA
            P.O. Box 30281
            Salt Lake City, UT 84130

August 21, 2010

Via First Class Mail and Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested

Re: Acct #xxx

To Whom It May Concern:

This is my written notice of dispute pursuant to regulations recently adopted by all banking regulators and the Federal Trade Commission, effective July 1, 2010, which implement section 623.(a)8 of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Under these rules and the FCRA, Capital One Bank USA NA must investigate my dispute, review the enclosed documentation, and report your findings to me, making corrections to your reporting to Transunion, or deleting the trade line entirely.

I recently reviewed my credit report from Transunion and found that you were erroneously reporting this account as Included In Bankruptcy (IIB) with a status date after the discharge date of November 23, 2009. This erroneous reporting has damaged me by impeding my ability to secure credit. On May 28, 2010 Transunion signed a certified mail receipt for my dispute letter. Transunion subsequently reports that you verified this reporting as accurate.

Specifically, credit scoring schemes, such as FICO, from myfico.com, are identifying your reported line as more recent than November 2009 when the Bankruptcy Discharge was granted. You must ensure your reporting to Transunion does not create the misleading impression that this account was IIB later than November 2009.

I have enclosed the following documentation supporting this request:

A copy of my Driver’s License to prove my identity
            A copy of my Social Security Card proving my identity and association to this credit file
            A copy of my Bankruptcy Discharge
            A copy of Transunion’s claim that you verified this reporting
            Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Does the "last report date" getting updated really affect our credit scores? If nothing is being touched on the trade line except that report date getting updated... what exactly is it affecting?
              BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
              Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by MC9199 View Post
                I had two Capital One accounts (both included in bankruptcy) that were reporting 30, 60, 90 etc. days late well after discharge on Equifax. I contacted Equifax and told them those accounts were included in bankruptcy, and they quickly fixed it.

I don't really know what to tell you - maybe contact the creditors to find out why they are reporting incorrectly?
                I would NEVER tell Equifax or any other CRA that any TL was IIB... well if I were interested in quickly cleaning up my credit report I wouldnt... will make it nearly impossible to ever dispute that TL off thereby making it stick for the entire 7-10 years

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X