Need some good vibes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some good vibes

I applied for a new apartment today. It's within my budget and their income requirements and it's pretty much perfect BUT I'm only 5 months out of BK and have no clue what my credit is like. They do ask if you've ever filed BK and ask for some explanation which I provided. I'd appreciate it if everyone could send good vibes my way! I want to move so badly.

Sending good vibes your way right now!!

good luck and keep us posted.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Good luck... don't sweat it! Apartment complexes are having to lower their standards significantly due to the hard times we're in. I also just moved and had the same situation you did... if your credit is looking good, you have the income, and you don't have any blaring negatives that would make a rental property freak out...then I think you should be fine.

We just moved to a brand new "luxury" complex and I just need to make sure my income matched the requirement compared to the rental price and I did the same thing...checked the BK box and I was really worried but he told me BK was not an automatic denial. Everything was fine... no additional deposit or anything.

Now, my only concern with your statement is "you have no idea what your credit is like"... you should really make sure that all your BK accounts are reporting correctly. You don't want anything reporting delinquencies or something that will affect things you need now and the future.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Lots of folks are in your situation now so I think you'll be fine, but sending you good luck wishes, too!
        Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
        New Job 7-2011

Comment

Provided you have the income to cover, you shouldn't have any problems. Vacancy rates are so high, everyone is looking for someone with money to fill those empty units.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Well I looked at my credit and everyhing is reporting correctly so just wait and see.

Comment

so I got denied because of credit. I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't want to live here anymore and I don't want to keep having my credit run.

Comment

Have you tried craigslist or your local paper?
                Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Aww that's too bad Kym. I'm in West Michigan, and I see your not too far away. Are you trying to stay in your current area?
                  Filed:11/2010
                  341 Meeting:1/5/2011
                  Discharge:3/2011

Comment

So sorry you got denied We are right in the middle of our chapter 7 (341 on 2/15) and we are getting rid of our house. My husband wants to stay until they send us notice we have to leave. I am scared to death that we won't be able to find a place to live and end up on the street. Not only will we have the bankruptcy on our credit reports but we have no rental history. We have lived in this house since 1993, and up until last year had not even had a late payment.
                    Like someone said, try Craig's list or the newspaper. I have some in my area that say "credit friendly". Does that mean "bankruptcy friendly" too? I hope so!!!
                    Good Luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kymgirly View Post
                      so I got denied because of credit. I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't want to live here anymore and I don't want to keep having my credit run.
                      Money talks - can you save up enough to offer an extra month towards security deposit?
                      Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                      New Job 7-2011

Comment

I have enough money to pay a whole month's rent as security deposit but she said my score is too low. It's 619.

Comment

Originally posted by MeLLE159 View Post
                          Aww that's too bad Kym. I'm in West Michigan, and I see your not too far away. Are you trying to stay in your current area?
                          I'd like to stay in the portage area yes. I'm going to keep looking.

Comment

You may want to try a private renter. Sometimes complexes can be super picky. And no amount of deposit you put on would convince them otherwise. They are very "by the book."

See if anyone on Craigslist is renting a place. That's how we found the place we are in. We have the best landlord ever.
                            I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
                            Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Please keep us posted on your search, Kym. Good luck to you!
                              Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X