Approved for TARGET!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved for TARGET!

Discharged less than a month ago, and just got approved for $200 credit line with Target!

Rebuilding is coming along, I hope everyone else is having some success at it too!

Elizabeth

Congrats. Target is one that I am going to try for, but I am going to wait a couple of months and see how my reports pan out after I get done doing some serious battle with my creditors. Good for you. Maybe there is hope for me in the not too distant future.

Filed: 10/16/05
    341: 12/29/05
    Last day for objections: 02/27/06
    Discharged: 03/06/06
    Closed: 03/17/06

Post Discharge Credit:
    Crown Jewelers - 500 - 04/06
    Hooter's MC - 1000 - 04/06
    Capitol One - 300 - 05/06
    Target Red Card - 200 - 05/06

Comment

Congratulations!!!!! Do you know what your scores are? I have been discharge from chapter 13 since 01/26/06 and no credit offers. I get alot of car offers but no credit cards. I guess I will have to wait.
      Living One Day At A Time

Comment

Originally posted by kclayton74
        Congratulations!!!!! Do you know what your scores are? I have been discharge from chapter 13 since 01/26/06 and no credit offers. I get alot of car offers but no credit cards. I guess I will have to wait.
        That's my question... I spent all of my money preparing for BK... I paid up my rent... filing fee... credit check... and pre-couceling. I'm going to sign back up for the true credit from transunion on friday. so I can track my scores. I'm really interested to see what they say. I don't remember what my scores are.
        My credit scores:
        Before Filing: Tr 496, Ex 496, Eq 507

Today: Tr 618 (+122), Ex 601 (+105), Eq 623 (+116)

Comment

554 656 659

I still need to clean up my one credit report, it is messy! The other two are pretty accurate.

Good luck with your credit journeys!

Elizabeth

Comment

Congrats to you.
            Discharged 2/27/06, closed 6/1/06

Comment

Do you think they would approve me for a credit line if they were filed under my bankruptcy? This is probably a really stupic question.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxsalizaxxx
                Do you think they would approve me for a credit line if they were filed under my bankruptcy? This is probably a really stupic question.
                Some actually do--nothing surprises me from cc at this point.
                *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

I don't know if they would but why would you want to? Frankly I would be too embarrassed to try. A loan officer with the credit union told me I would be surprised how many people apply for loans after listing them in their BK - needless to say, she said, they do not approve them. How stupid would that be for them? By the way I applied for Target online...and got approved 2 months out of BK.

Comment

I went to the target website to apply and they have two cards. A visa you can use anywhere, and a store card for just them. Which do you guys have? I don't want a bunch of inquiries on my credit so I only want to apply for one and see if I can get approval. For my husband actually. I tried to get my credit score and I got a message that I don't have enough history to have a score. I never heard of that b4, but....

Comment

The visa version is nice since you can use it anywhere. The reason I want one for the store is that they give you discounts everytime you fill 5 prescriptions (I fill at least 5 a month)--I think it's a $10 gift card. But, I was denied. (I'm still pre-bk)

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

I sense a class action discrimination lawsuit. I filed 10/05 and was denied because of my BK(sole reason). Others are getting approved with a BK. Makes no sense to me.
                        Orchard Bank Credit Card-(unsecured) $300.00
                        Wescom Line of Credit-(secured) $500.00

Comment

Having credit is not a right, it's a privilege.

Comment

Target...

...has always denied me...even when I had all my cc's going...and I didn't have bad credit?

I will try them in a few months & see what happens...
                            Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                            Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by HopeinHorizon
                              just got approved with Target!

Rebuilding is coming along

Me too! Don't know cl yet, guess I'll be checking the mailbox

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X