Iphone Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iphone Accounts

Have not been on the forum for a while--I wanted to see if others on this forum can pitch in their experiences getting Iphones after BK? I have a friend who recently got an Iphone, but he was required to put down a $500 deposit since he did not have credit re-established after BK (he filed for BK back in 1999). He said he would get his deposit back after one year.

I am thinking of getting an Iphone, but need to be prepared to put down a deposit just in case. Anyone have problems with getting their Iphone accounts set up after BK?
    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
    Please think positive and do not give up!

If your friend hasn't established credit since a 1999 bankruptcy discharged, then your friend just has poor credit (period). I have opened a new iPhone account with Apple after filing bankruptcy and still received a "new" account (last August) with no deposit on an iPhone 4.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by ForumReader View Post
      Have not been on the forum for a while--I wanted to see if others on this forum can pitch in their experiences getting Iphones after BK? I have a friend who recently got an Iphone, but he was required to put down a $500 deposit since he did not have credit re-established after BK (he filed for BK back in 1999). He said he would get his deposit back after one year.

I am thinking of getting an Iphone, but need to be prepared to put down a deposit just in case. Anyone have problems with getting their Iphone accounts set up after BK?
      I had no problems getting an Iphone when I was about 2 years out of BK.

Logan

Comment

I was with Altell which morphed into Verizon (Altell during bankruptcy 2005-07). Ordered my iphone through Verizon & had no problems.
        Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
        Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Ordered my Iphone thru ATT in Sept of 2010, I was dishcharge in April 2010, just the $199 fee for a Iphone with 2 year contract....

Comment

Great--thanks all--I am looking into getting an Iphone sometimes this month, will compare rates and such for both Verizon and At&T. Although, I think these rates will be similiar. For those who posted, did the Iphone supplier ask for your ssn #?
            Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
            Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

I got my iPhone about a 8 months before I filed BK. My credit score was around 500 at the time and I still got the phone without a deposit. I have AT&T and though I had an issue of them switching my account after I filed, I still have service and have not been charged a deposit. I may try Verizon in July, but my credit score is back up around 650 now ( I checked it 2 months ago), so hopefully Verizon will not charge a deposit.

AT&T does require your SS#. If it comes back that you need a deposit then you can cancel the transaction.
              Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
              341 meeting on 5/28/2010
              Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

i'm in a chapter 13 and had absolutely no problem getting and iPhone through ATT.... mind you I have had an account with them for the past 10 years and despite everything have never been late on a payment! loosing my phone and email access would be like loosing an arm (oh and my paycheck too!).
                Good luck on getting one! iPhone 4 ROCKS!
                Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

We decided to get iPhones about one month after our discharge. Had 0 issues getting them.

Comment

I had no issue getting my iPhone either. Now I did already have my home phone and Uverse with ATT and never made a late payment so that may have helped.

Comment

i tried to get a smart phone and was denied by T-mobile and approved by Sprint with a $100 deposit
                      Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
                      Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
                      Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

I filed Ch. 7 Dec. 2008, discharged Mar. 2009 and got a family plan with 3 iPhones in Dec. 2010 with no deposit required.
                        Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
                        341 Meeting: 1/7/09
                        Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
                        Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X