Auto loans that survive BK...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto loans that survive BK...

Does anyone know if it's true that auto loans you reaffirm and continue to pay through BK no longer report payments to the credit bureaus?

I just received a piece of junk mail that makes this claim and is trying to get me to look for a new loan, so I have to question if that's true, but it's got me concerned. Any feedback would be helpful.
    Filed Chapter 7 Oct. 2010
    Discharged Jan. 21, 2011

It depends. Most lenders with whom you reaffirm, will generally start reporting again if you ask (and/or sign an agreement that you wanted them to do so). As a matter of fact, I reaffirmed one of my auto loans, and it continues to be reported. I didn't ask for that!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I got the best of both worlds:

I actually wanted to reaffirm but the lender, a small buy here/pay here company, never prepared an agreement. I send them a letter, pointing out that credit-reporting pre-BK on that loan would be crucial and if they didn't require a reaffirmation, they should consider this letter as my "O.K." to continue reporting.

Now, the loan is discharged (at least my part, my mother co-signed) AND they continue reporting every monthly payment - without any "IIB"-notation.
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

My auto loan that was reaffirmed continued to report payments to all 3 credit bureaus.

Comment

My auto loan was with Honda Financial and i did not reaffirm- it still reports to all credit bureaus.
          Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
          341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
          Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
          Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X