Capital One credit offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital One credit offers

Our Chpt 7 was discharged 12/2010. I have been getting credit card offers from Capital One only every week since. The most recent offer is:

No annual fee
    24.9% variable APR for purchases
    APR will drop 2.5% every 6 months for 2 years until it reaches 14.9%.
    Credit increases I guess with use periodically.

Is this a decent offer or should I wait it out. I'm in no hurry, I haven't even looked at our credit score yet. I would like to rebuild by getting 1 credit card for myself and one for my husband and get our names on each other's cards so we have 2 a piece but really only 2 total cards. My husband hasn't gotten any offers, is that normal?

That's not a bad offer. Stay away from Orchard and First Premier...

Comment

Capital One is one of the BK friendly creditors. They obtained your name and contact information from your credit reports showing you have filed Bankruptcy. You will receive offers from creditors who deal with those who have filed or have bad credit. Be prudent about your credit as these creditors know you are debt free and cannot file BK again for another 8 years. You will not be able to get really decent credit for at least another several years just to the plain fact of the BK on your credit reports. It takes time to rebuild so go slowly - it works in your favor.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Watch the annual fees. i got a Cap 1 card with no annual fee first year, $19 after that. I can live with that fee long term. Many subprime lenders slam you with fees.
        A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Prior to my discharge, Orchard offered me a card. Looked okay on its face. But there were a lot of fees and charges.
          I got my discharge last week and I just got a Capital One CC. 0% for the first year and 17.9% after that. The CL is $500.
          I applied for this same card two months ago and was denied. I guess the discharge makes the difference.

Comment

I just used mine today for the first time---
            and man---talk about a weird feeling---es-
            pecially 14-plus months after my last credit card usage.

Comment

In my BK I included over 10K in Cap One bills, they have to be the friendliest BK card, since they gave me one about 4 months after I discharged. I've had no problems with them at all.
              Filed: 09/18/09
              341: 10/28/09
              DISCHARGED!!!!:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X