Experian - after discharge - question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experian - after discharge - question?

Ok, so I was officially discharged on 5/12/11, and I just checked my Experian Credit Report and I am very worried:

It shows my original BK as :

And now there is what appears to be a SECOND bankruptcy showing

Identification number: same as old + REL

This feels wrong . . there should not be two showing right?

Can someone confirm if this is normal?

Posted in wrong place . . . should have placed this in "After Discharge area" sorry

Comment

No worries, kuya - I moved your thread into the Rebuilding Credit forum area

It looks like what you are seeing on your credit report are the original Ch 13 bk filing as a line item and then the Ch 13 discharge line item for the same filing. Do you see specific dates associated with either line item?
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

You are correct - they are appearing as two separate line items, with two different (but similar) case numbers. One has "REL" at the end of it. It really does look like two entries for the same thing. I am trying to buy a car (been without for 6 months and I just cant go on any more like this) and 2 BK's showing would totally ruin any chance.

However, last night I pulled my EXP Vantagscore (because exp does not offer FICO) and it was 737. I assume if it was really counting them as two bk's my score would have tanked. . . . just looks very odd.

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
        No worries, kuya - I moved your thread into the Rebuilding Credit forum area

It looks like what you are seeing on your credit report are the original Ch 13 bk filing as a line item and then the Ch 13 discharge line item for the same filing. Do you see specific dates associated with either line item?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X