Green Tree servicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Tree servicing

I'll try to make this quick. It's a weird situation, I just want to know if I cane dispute this. Ok, in 1999, (now) ex-husband and I filed Ch. 7 Bk with them. We divorced in 08' that same year. A couple of years go by and I realize he is not paying many things he said he would in our divorce settlement, it's hurting my credit score. I file Ch. 7 and it's discharged in August 2010. I'm trying to rebuild my credit when I see Green Tree (which we had filed on in 99') pop up in my credit. I asked my ex and he told me they had been calling and harrassing him and in late 08' he made a payment to them. He was told by friends not to make any more payments to them, because they were discharged. This re-ages the account right? Is there anything I can do to get them off my credit report? They just began reporting this past month, they showed up on both Transunion and Experian. Ex says they never called him back after the one initial payment and they have never contacted me since 99'. Any suggestions on how to to tackle this monster? Or am I stuck with this on my credit report?

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I wasn't really sure where to write it. Can a mod move this to another forum where it may possibly be answered? Thank You.

Comment

I had something similar come up with me (don't feel bad, no one answered my dilemma, either, when I posted about it). Basically I put in a dispute with the credit bureaus. Just told them "Hey, I BK'd this crap" and it was corrected within a week... but just to be clear you did discharge the stuff that was in your divorce settlement?
      Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
      Discharged: August 2010
      A life lesson well learned.

Comment

If Greentree was discharged as a previous creditor in either or your BKs, all you have to do is dispute that entry in your credit report as being discharged in your BK - the best thing to do would be to do this via snail mail and enclose a copy of the discharge paper and include a copy of the creditor matrix showing the creditor both via certified mail, return receipt requested. Send to the CRA and a copy to Greentree. That should do the trick.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Thank you both for your replies. I'm sorry I was so unclear, I typed that in just before leaving for work the other day. Green Tree was discharged in 1999, but are reporting to CRA's just this past month or two as if this information is current. As far as I know, they have past their statute of limitations and broke the law when they contacted my ex for a payment in 2008. I will do as you've suggested and contact the CRA's. I just hope it works, because Green Tree Servicing is notoriously unscrupulous and they seem to think they are above the law. I have read how they don't care about being reported, how they call and harrass customers who are not even late on a payment, they will call your work, your family, your neighbors. They are that brazen.

Comment

Originally posted by chuggypot View Post
            Thank you both for your replies. I'm sorry I was so unclear, I typed that in just before leaving for work the other day. Green Tree was discharged in 1999, but are reporting to CRA's just this past month or two as if this information is current. As far as I know, they have past their statute of limitations and broke the law when they contacted my ex for a payment in 2008. I will do as you've suggested and contact the CRA's. I just hope it works, because Green Tree Servicing is notoriously unscrupulous and they seem to think they are above the law. I have read how they don't care about being reported, how they call and harrass customers who are not even late on a payment, they will call your work, your family, your neighbors. They are that brazen.
            You will find out that this is quite common with some creditors after they are discharged. Sometimes it is just an error and something gets re-aged or was removed as a previous disputed item and somehow returns with different information listed. Sometimes I truly wonder how some of that stuff occurs and reappears because once it is disputed and removed, it should not reappear and also reappear with different information. That is why it is critical for a few years after your discharge that one monitors their credit reports closely to make sure nothing reappears and to immediately dispute it when/if it does.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Just received my updated credit report from Identity Guard, now they show Green Tree as a hard inquiry "for legitimate business purposes". Can they do this? It's been well past 10 years!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X