Discovercard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovercard

I used to have a Discover card. good history with it, finally closed it several years ago before my life blew up. Before I filed for BK, they had been sending me offers trying to get me back. Since they are not IIB and I had a good history with them, what do you think the chances are they would take me back (I haven't seen any offers since I filed)

And yes I realize I was just discharged, this is more curiosity if I do decide to get a card to rebuild credit at some point.
    Jessica
    Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
    Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

They are about as good as any other person who had filed bankruptcy. Discover seems to not like any bankruptcy on your credit report. Most creditors don't go by your "history with them"... they run a credit check and get a score. (For existing customers, they can be more lax and use "history with them" as a more positive influence on the request to, say, increase a credit limit.)

The real key is... what is your FICO score and how much seasoned is the bankruptcy. There are some bankruptcy-friendly creditors, but I don't think Discover is one of them. Discover has ALWAYS been amongst the most difficult when it comes to low FICO scores.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks justbroke! Wasn't planning to apply any time soon, but this is good info to know for future reference!
      Jessica
      Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
      Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

Originally posted by JessMN View Post
        I used to have a Discover card. good history with it, finally closed it several years ago before my life blew up. Before I filed for BK, they had been sending me offers trying to get me back. Since they are not IIB and I had a good history with them, what do you think the chances are they would take me back (I haven't seen any offers since I filed)

And yes I realize I was just discharged, this is more curiosity if I do decide to get a card to rebuild credit at some point.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X