two questions about repair credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two questions about repair credit

Q1, Would you use a credit repair company like Lexington Law?? I know they spam the credit score firms... Just wondering because you could do the same yourself.
    I am wonder if there are any specific success stories with this company.

Q2, When is a good time to start with the process of writing letters? I not out of C13 for almost 2 years. I notice a few issues on my report.

Lexington Law is a waste of money, actually I don't know of any credit repair companies that do anything more, that you can do yourself for a small fee for postage.

Comment

Search "Lexington Law" on this forum. Don't waste your money. The best time to start cleaning up your credit after a Chapter 13 is about 3 months after discharge giving the creditors enough time to update your report as to the discharge, then obtain all three of your credit reports. We attempted a few times during our 13 to clean up our reports to get rid of charge offs, etc. but found that the old information kept creeping on back and our changes were removed so we just waited it out and cleaned it up totally after discharge. Took about six months to get it about right after that time. Remember, however, the Chapter 13 will be on your credit reports for 7 years from the date of your filing.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Definitely do NOT use Lexington, it will only make things much worse for you.
        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X