Equifax is not showing my discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equifax is not showing my discharge?

I filed in March 2011 and I was discharged in July. EX and TU are showing my discharge and all account balances are zero. However, EQ is not showing the discharge. Should I write them and list the creditors that were discharged in the BK? Only one is showing a balance yet, all others are showing as charged off with zero balances. Or would this open a can of worms?
    BK7 - Discharged May 2011

I would do this using the online dispute first. If it doesn't fix the problem, then you can submit a letter with more detail. Be aware that due to -- what they say are -- identity theft issues, writing a letter take a LOT MORE things than just the letter! They'll want a photocopy of your ID and some sort of utility bill to prove your address. That's laughable since you can do all this on-line with very little vetting of your identity.

I definitely received a bump by having my bankruptcy marked as "discharged". In fact, on one credit report (CRA), my bankruptcy doesn't even show in the public record. I'm not going to "fix" that one.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X