No announcement yet.

Anyone have a Barclaycard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Zpbk13 and Cupcake for your input. I followed your steps and just got approved for $2690 limit. I selected the purchase between $2000 and $2500. I don't plan on using it at the Apple store. I wanted to do balance transfer but they didn't give me that option. I don't think the interest rate is 0% as well. Did you 2 got the card at 0% interest?

Comment

I noticed a lot of us are applying for and getting approved for the Apple card. What about the other Barclay's cards they offer, such as the Rewards programs. I would like to start rebuilding, but have no use for Apple and would rather use the Barclay rewards. Any luck on the other themed cards?
      BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Comment

I believe the Barclay's Visa offered thru Apple is a regular visa credit card that you can use anywhere not only at the Apple store. I have no intention of buying anything from Apple in the near future.
        My wife did get an offer in the mail from Barclay's reward mastercard. She applied on-line and was approved for $2500 with 0% interest for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers. 0 annual fee.

Comment

That's great news for both you and your wife! Do either of you have a BK on your report? Regarding the rewards program, I was looking at the Rewards Visa (like your wife has) listed first on this list of Barclaycards:

Comment

Epic, yes my wife and me both have BK in our credit discharged in Jan 09. The link you have looks like the offer she got in the mail only it had approval code to type in. Also we just applied for a place to rent and her score was 659 but I believe it is from experian. Barcley pulled transunion report.
            Hope this help. Good luck.

Comment

Got approved yesterday for $1295. Weird number. I might give them a call when i receive the card for a credit increase. Not going to use the card its just to have a higher credit balance.

Comment

I got my card in the mail yesterday. It's a plain white card that only says barclaycard on it in a silver/gray color; it is not an Apple card (which is where I applied).
                CH7 Filed 2/26/2009 (no asset)
                341 Meeting 4/7/2009
                Discharged 7/10/2009
                Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

Cupcake - thanks for the update. Did it mention what rewards program you belong to?
                  Alos, is it like this card:

Comment

Originally posted by Epic View Post
                    Cupcake - thanks for the update. Did it mention what rewards program you belong to?
                    Alos, is it like this card:
                    https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...9&cellNumber=1
                    Yes, it is the white one; no rewards.
                    CH7 Filed 2/26/2009 (no asset)
                    341 Meeting 4/7/2009
                    Discharged 7/10/2009
                    Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

I applied and was approved about 2 months ago for $1500. I called last month and stated I wanted to purchase a macbook pro that cost right at $4k. She put me on hold and came back and asked me a few questions and then approved me for the full $4000.

I do not plan on purchasing a macbook but wanted to get my CL's higher.

Comment

Originally posted by ugghh View Post
                        I applied and was approved about 2 months ago for $1500. I called last month and stated I wanted to purchase a macbook pro that cost right at $4k. She put me on hold and came back and asked me a few questions and then approved me for the full $4000.

I do not plan on purchasing a macbook but wanted to get my CL's higher.
                        NIcee! Whats ur credit score like? Do u have any other credit cards? As soon as i receive my card i will be doing the samething.

Comment

Even though I had defaulted on Farm Bureau Bank (which is part of Barclay's), I just got approved for a new $1900 limit on a Barclays rewrds card! Time to cancel my $39/yr CrapitalOne card (unless of course they want to remove the fee!)

BTW, my latest Equifax score is 637.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBondLove View Post
                            Even though I had defaulted on Farm Bureau Bank (which is part of Barclay's), I just got approved for a new $1900 limit on a Barclays rewrds card! Time to cancel my $39/yr CrapitalOne card (unless of course they want to remove the fee!)

BTW, my latest Equifax score is 637.
                            Congrats!
                            How long ago was your BK? Did you apply online or over the phone? Is this the Apple Barclay card or the Barclay Rewards Mastercard?

Comment

Originally posted by Epic View Post
                              Congrats!
                              How long ago was your BK? Did you apply online or over the phone? Is this the Apple Barclay card or the Barclay Rewards Mastercard?
                              It is the rewards card, not the Apple. BK filing was 21 months ago, with the discharge at 18 months. Applied over the phone with a rep having the typical American job-busting. Hindian-trying-to-sound-American accent.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X