Anyone have a Barclaycard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a Barclaycard?

I just got approved for 0% APR for six months then 17.99% with a $1500 credit limit.
    It also has no annual fee or maintenance fees.
    8/30/10 Filed
    10/12/10 341 meeting

where did you apply and which barclay card was it?
    Filed 1/27/2011
    341 3/28/2011

Comment

it is the rewards card and they sent me a letter this past saturday saying I was pre-selected.
      I did it online and it only took one minute before it said I was approved.
      8/30/10 Filed
      10/12/10 341 meeting

Comment

same here got approved .... took like 2 minutes
        Filled 5-2010
        7-2010 341 Meeting (Chapter 7 No Asset)
        8-2010 Discharged/Case closed!

Comment

I have one. I called to close it a while back and they lowered my rate to 7.99% so I kept it. My limit is only $1050 and I'm sure they'd raise it if I called but I don't need the higher limit. The only reason I even keep it is that I have a few bicycles that have packs under the seats and I keep the CC's I don't use on my different bikes so if I'm out for a ride I have a credit card if I need one.

Logan

Comment

Logan Why would you close the card? there is No annual fee. would not make sense as it is a good trade line that reports to all 3 credit agencies
            Filled 5-2010
            7-2010 341 Meeting (Chapter 7 No Asset)
            8-2010 Discharged/Case closed!

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinders View Post
              Logan Why would you close the card? there is No annual fee. would not make sense as it is a good trade line that reports to all 3 credit agencies
              I started out with a higher credit limit but after I obtained a few cards in a short time they lowered my limit so after a while I decided to cancel (run on sentence). They did raise my limit as much as possible without pulling credit after I tried to cancel so I just kept it.
              Bottom line, I was canceling it because of the low credit limit.
              Last edited by Logan; 10-26-2011, 07:06 PM.

Comment

i just got one because i travel so much ..it was via virgin american airlines. the limit is 1500 no annual fee and an interest rate of 15.99. i only opened it because i closed orchard bank since they never reported to the credit reporting agencies.

i will only use it for plane tickets, and pay it off before the 30 days, so i didn't really care about the interest rate, but i do know at least they report to the agencies.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

How long did it take for you to get your card in the mail? I was approved, but am still waiting on the card. I already received the pin for cash advances, but no card yet in the mail.

Comment

iTunes Rewards Barclay Visa

I applied through the link on the Apple store online. You don't have to make or plan a purchase, but they ask you to estimate the amount of credit you think you need. I selected $1000-$1500 and got approved online for $1590.

My Ch 7 was discharged April 2010 and my current TU score (according to one of the free score 7 day trial sites) was 675 as of yesterday (though the credit disclosure showed them a TU score of 703 for me).

Comment

Did you, by chance, include Barclay in your original Ch 7 filing? I BKd a $12k balance with them a couple of months ago. I'd like to eventually get a CC for emergencies and it sounds like Barclays is sometimes post-bk friendly... not sure if that's true for folks like me!

Comment

Originally posted by GoGoGophers View Post
                        Did you, by chance, include Barclay in your original Ch 7 filing? I BKd a $12k balance with them a couple of months ago. I'd like to eventually get a CC for emergencies and it sounds like Barclays is sometimes post-bk friendly... not sure if that's true for folks like me!
                        No, never had Barclays before. I BK'd most of the other big banks, so I thought I'd go with them.

Comment

Guess a little off topic but anyone know if this a good cars for someone with no credit history? My son is looking to establish his credit.

Comment

Originally posted by lblanchette View Post
                            How long did it take for you to get your card in the mail? I was approved, but am still waiting on the card. I already received the pin for cash advances, but no card yet in the mail.
                            it took me i think about 7-10 days from what i recall
                            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by jeff6898 View Post
                              Guess a little off topic but anyone know if this a good cars for someone with no credit history? My son is looking to establish his credit.
                              do you mean good card for someone trying to get their credit establish???

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X