top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reports show Ch.7 and 13 at the same time???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reports show Ch.7 and 13 at the same time???

I have a question about credit reports listing some items as "included in Chapter 7" and other items "Wage Earner Plan/ Chapter 13". They all have zero balances. We filed a Chapter 13 first then converted to a Chapter 7. My question is does the scoring look at it as two separate bankruptcies or does it really matter that they are listed differently. I disputed the items listed in a wage earner plan but the results were that they were verified. Any ideas?

Yes this is common. Some creditors file the wrong thing. I have a combination of Wage Earner, Chapter 13, and Chapter 7 designations. I have most of them now "discharged in chapter 7". It didn't affect my score. The scoring model is seeing the actual bankruptcy more than the type although the FICO model may give more weight (more points) to a Wage Earner/Chapter 13. I just don't know.

From my experience, it didn't matter the designation. What mattered the most was the status of the actual bankruptcy!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X