top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit score of 686 @ 18 months post-discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit score of 686 @ 18 months post-discharge?

According to Credit Karma, I have this score., and 749 for Vantage. WOW! I'm looking to get a HELOC.
    Last edited by JackBondLove; 12-04-2011, 03:29 AM.

Congrats! My TU score are the same for both FICO and Creditkarma (and have been for over 18 months), but others complain that their FICO scores are usually lower then the fako Creditkarma score, you might want to check your FICO before applying so there are no surprises. Best of luck and let us know what happens!
    November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

That sounds about right, way to go.

Comment

See my later posting - Equifax says my score is only 637.

Comment

If you do check your FICO - use it only as an estimate. The lender will have different numbers, guaranteed, It could be slightly higher, could be slightly lower from what you pulled. Lenders put their own customized spin on your credit score. They use FICO as the base and then add their own algorithm's.

just fyi

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
            If you do check your FICO - use it only as an estimate. The lender will have different numbers, guaranteed, It could be slightly higher, could be slightly lower from what you pulled. Lenders put their own customized spin on your credit score. They use FICO as the base and then add their own algorithm's.

just fyi
            Where did you get this from? Not true.
            Last edited by Logan; 12-08-2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Years in the business and working directly with career people working for the bureaus and Fair Issac. What exactly is incorrect?

Comment

Years in the business and working directly with career people working for the bureaus and Fair Issac. What exactly is incorrect?
                I pull my own credit for my borrowers and whenever a lender pulls their own report the scores are identical. No lender I use has their own FICO model.

Comment

If i think i understand what your saying....you pull then your lender pulls and its the same? Both you and the lender are pulling from the same pool. Let me explain a little more. What type of biz u in? Mortgage? Auto? Lets assume mtg and your the broker that prequals the borrower .. You pull from a product that the public can't access, your access allows you to pull mtg scores, scores look good, u send loan to several mtg lenders, they pull thier own and they also could use a different resource, also not available to the public, but guess what their access allows them to pull? Yup ...mtg scores. Every industry has their own scoring models.

Comment

The score I quoted is the one that the bank taking my HELOC application gave me in the rejection letter.

Comment

If i think i understand what your saying....you pull then your lender pulls and its the same? Both you and the lender are pulling from the same pool. Let me explain a little more. What type of biz u in? Mortgage? Auto? Lets assume mtg and your the broker that prequals the borrower .. You pull from a product that the public can't access, your access allows you to pull mtg scores, scores look good, u send loan to several mtg lenders, they pull thier own and they also could use a different resource, also not available to the public, but guess what their access allows them to pull? Yup ...mtg scores. Every industry has their own scoring models.
                      OK, so lenders in each industry use the same FICO model. You gave me the impression that FICO scores would vary from lender to lender regardless of what the borrower is applying for.

Comment

Actually he is correct. Different lenders do use different models. There are different versions of each FICO model out there right now. Like Trans Union has like a 1997 model and a new model... some use different ones. Another specific example is one of my credit unions, Alliant, they do not even use FICO at all...they use their own scoring model to base people's worthiness.

Also some lenders use Equifax's FICO and some others might use TU or EX... my scores are all different with each credit bureau. There is also such a thing as an auto credit score and a mortgage credit score that the public doesn't have access to.

Out of all the loans/credit I have, I have only once or twice got the exact same score that I see on myfico.com in an approval or rejection letter. For example Navy Federal uses the same Equifax FICO model (for certain loan products) that I can pull. So, they are always the same. However, Navy pulls Trans Union for things like their overdraft line of credit.

You never know with these lenders... credit scores, I think, are the dumbest things ever. Cause you don't have 1 credit score... you have whatever score the institution feels like calcuating however they want to calculate it. So, I really think they are meaningless. Even getting your FICO these days does not mean that you KNOW what your score is if the lender is using their own model or a different FICO version.
                        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Amy26, I'm in the mortgage business part time and see consistent scores among the lenders. A buddy of mine came to me and his credit union and my scores that I pulled were identical and that's been my experience.
                          Of course applying for a credit card, car loan or something else they do use different models than the mortgage business.

Logan

Comment

Well I did not see anywhere where the conversation was specifically limited to mortgage scores. The term was "lenders" and lenders can mean almost anything. And I do agree with you, as I said in my post there are mortgage scores which will generally be the same when mortgage lenders pull your credit.

I may not work part time in the mortgage business but I have bought a home before and I know the credit scores that the mortgage lender used were not my standard FICO scores.
                            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                              Well I did not see anywhere where the conversation was specifically limited to mortgage scores. The term was "lenders" and lenders can mean almost anything. And I do agree with you, as I said in my post there are mortgage scores which will generally be the same when mortgage lenders pull your credit.

I may not work part time in the mortgage business but I have bought a home before and I know the credit scores that the mortgage lender used were not my standard FICO scores.
                              Some lenders offer credit cards, mortgages and car loans etc....Same lender different product.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X