Are IIB accounts considered delinquent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are IIB accounts considered delinquent?

An apartment application I looked atsaid that they could not accept applicants that have 20% or more of their credit accounts delinquent as listed on their credit report. I have several credit cards that were charged off in 2009 and will be listed as IIB $0 balance etc by the time I am ready to apply. Are these accounts considered delinquent? Also, an apartment application is not considered a hard pull, correct?
    Filed: 12/29/11
    341 Meeting: 1/23/12

Originally posted by luckstyl View Post
    An apartment application I looked atsaid that they could not accept applicants that have 20% or more of their credit accounts delinquent as listed on their credit report. I have several credit cards that were charged off in 2009 and will be listed as IIB $0 balance etc by the time I am ready to apply. Are these accounts considered delinquent? Also, an apartment application is not considered a hard pull, correct?
    I could only guess that if it is zero on your IIB's, you cannot conduct math against a zero, only percentage of accounts. More than likely the apartment is going to do a soft pull just to verify that you are who you say you are. Usually a hard pull is when you are actually getting a credit for a card or item. This too is only a guess. Best I can do. Merry Christmas to you in the best way you can. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

We did a 'pre-approval' with a property management company here after filing our BK7 and it was deffo a 'hard-pull'. When I was a property manager and we did credit checks - it was also a hard pull (sadly).

However, if a debt had IIB - we did NOT include it in the delinquency ratio at the management company I worked for.
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

It is kinda sad that it seems so hard to get housing now a days. A lot of people rent because either they can't afford to buy or their credit doesn't allow them to. Since I'm just starting my chapter 13 I'm afraid I'm going to have to stay at this apartment for awhile. Hopefully they don't do a credit check at renewal and evict me. The apartment is okay but it is right next to the lobby and I'm so tired of hearing the garbage chute and yelling and screaming at all hours of the night.

Do I have to get trustee approval to move to another apartment if the rent is higher than I am paying now?
        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
          It is kinda sad that it seems so hard to get housing now a days. A lot of people rent because either they can't afford to buy or their credit doesn't allow them to. Since I'm just starting my chapter 13 I'm afraid I'm going to have to stay at this apartment for awhile. Hopefully they don't do a credit check at renewal and evict me. The apartment is okay but it is right next to the lobby and I'm so tired of hearing the garbage chute and yelling and screaming at all hours of the night.

Do I have to get trustee approval to move to another apartment if the rent is higher than I am paying now?
          When it was time for my lease renewal, they did not run another credit check. I just had to sign the new lease. As far as getting approval from the trustee to move into a place with higher rent, I'm not exactly sure?
          Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
          Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

It is in fact a hard pull when property managers review your credit. AS for the IIB accts being considered deliq, a family member of mine works for a realty company that has a property management division, and she states they shouldnt hold those against you if the case has been discharged. If it is open or dismissed, they could.
            Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
            The rebuilding begins

Comment

Derogatory, yes (in the sense that for credit scoring, an IIB account is not scored as highly as a Paid As Agreed account), delinquent, no.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                Derogatory, yes (in the sense that for credit scoring, an IIB account is not scored as highly as a Paid As Agreed account), delinquent, no.
                it's usually the bk itself and not the IIBs that run into the way of obtaining credit. oddly enough when we rec'd our last credit report we had over 30 pages of excellent credit reflected over the past 40 years and one little page that mentioned the bk and that was it. all the good and the IIB didn't matter.

my suggestion is to not rent from a property manager but a private party if you can. offer more "cash" for security and be truthful with respect to letting them know you are starting fresh and clean of debt and just need to get on your feet. MONEY talks! and it also makes the landlords feel more secure.

best of luck finding a place, it can be done
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X