re-list mortgage payment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re-list mortgage payment?

It's been quite a while since i've posted on here...but still stop by from time to time to read anywho, discharged back in April '11...woo hoo....but heres my question: our mortgage was discharged in the ch7., still current, however we are not obligated or bound to repay, no re affirm etc etc. It shows on the credit report $0 bal/no payment history.....when the mrs and i eventually want or need to apply for financing, are we obligated to list or put down our mortgage payment? I have a feeling, the answer is no, since we are not legally obligated to pay it, i do realise that should we default, yes, foreclosure would still happen, but we cannot be pursued for any unpaid balance owed.. (though we are current since we need a roof over our head). Any input is greatly appreciated!!! thanks ya'll
    Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

I would think you would still need to put down your mortgage payment if applying for another mortgage just like you would put down your rent.
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

If you are paying it, then it is something that is an expense. The purpose of the inquiry on a credit application is to determine just how much you pay for housing. (It is usually used to estimate a debt-to-income ratio, although some creditors don't seem to care.)

My thoughts... if you're paying it, then list it. If you're not paying it, then it is $0/month.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X