top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I improved my score while in Chapter 13!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I improved my score while in Chapter 13!

I was pulling my free annual reports in Nov. and noticed an error on all three. A card that is included in my BK was listed as charged off with a $8,200 balance owed. I disputed it and notified all three credit bureaus that it was included in my chapter 13. They responded by removing this entry (I assume the creditor did not respond to their request) from my reports. I was checking my score today and it jumped from 625 in Nov. to 659 this month!!! This shows how important it is to monitor your credit report for inaccuracies! I'll be watching to make sure this one doesn't creep back on in the future!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
    Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Mine improved as well

Nov - before filing chapter 13 mine was 585

Dec - after filing it was 576, some accounts still showing

Jan - 602, there is one thing on there with an outstanding balance of $107 but I can't figure out what it is. I'm not concerned as I've only made one payment out of 36. In a year I'll pull my free reports again and see what is on it.
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by katztoo View Post
      I was pulling my free annual reports in Nov. and noticed an error on all three. A card that is included in my BK was listed as charged off with a $8,200 balance owed. I disputed it and notified all three credit bureaus that it was included in my chapter 13. They responded by removing this entry (I assume the creditor did not respond to their request) from my reports. I was checking my score today and it jumped from 625 in Nov. to 659 this month!!! This shows how important it is to monitor your credit report for inaccuracies! I'll be watching to make sure this one doesn't creep back on in the future!
      The entry was temporarily removed while in dispute but will probably reappear in a corrected format to show the account was included in BK. When an item is disputed, it is temporarily removed by the CRA until the information is verified with the creditor. Over the course of the next few years, you may see inaccuracies that you previously disputed reappear for unknown reasons as we had occur over the years of our Chapter 13 and even for several years after discharge, the most recent being a discharged account that reappeared this year as the amount still being owed. You will need to monitor your credit reports for quite a while as unexpected items can and will appear/reappear.

As to credit scores....mine was 836 just prior to purchasing a vehicle the day after Christmas and the purchase brought it down to 809. There is hope after filing - just be prudent and careful with your credit.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

The credit bureaus sent me a email saying it was resolved. The creditor did not respond to them so they removed the entry. I know it will probably reappear in the future so I plan on monitoring it close! I was just amazed at how one entry can affect your score.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
        Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

just keep in mind that they can add it back to your credit report, as long as it's listed correctly as a zero balance and IIB.
          Filed: 12/29/11
          341 Meeting: 1/23/12

Comment

Originally posted by katztoo View Post
            I'll be watching to make sure this one doesn't creep back on in the future!
            And don't forget that they have to notify you if a previously removed item comes back later. Meanwhile, I'm not even sure if removed TLs on closed accounts can make it back on a credit-report in the first place. In the past, I was dealing with Equifax when all of a sudden, half a dozen of positive accounts were removed from my credit-report. I found out that Equifax removed them and the reporting lenders weren't aware of that. I contacted the lenders and they assured me that the accounts would be added again.

Now get this: A couple of weeks later, a received mail from Ford Credit and Bank Of Hawaii. They BOTH stated that they investigated and found out that CLOSED TLs that were removed CAN'T be added to the report again. NEVER. PERIOD. And as of today, NONE of the removed accounts (2 were derogatory) made it back again. Not even Citi managed to get the two TLs back on. Discover failed as well. So I guess it's safe to say that lenders can't do it. I couldn't believe it myself..
            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
            FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
            FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X