top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Report - Is this reporting correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Report - Is this reporting correctly?

I am going through hubby's Experian credit report.

Chase has the following on his report regarding a credit card:

LOL they have the status as closed back to July of 2008 on the picture diagram.

We missed our first payment on credit cards in November 2010. We filed before we were 30 days late on Dec 17, 2010. They also are saying it was included in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy on Mar 16, 2011- that is our discharge date.

Does anyone else think this is reporting wrong - particularly in the Account History comment section?

Thanks in advance.
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

It looks like they are reporting it closed for months before it was closed. The past due notations are wrong too. They can't report you past due for periods after your filing date. If you weren't 30 days past due on the day before you filed, there shouldn't be any past due notations. I'm not certain, but I think they should be noting the filing date, not the discharge date. Definitely dispute the report.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Yup looks fine. The wrong dates do not make any difference in your score (discharge date vs. filed date). The flag is set in EOSCAR that tells the system when to drop that from your report and it will be 7 years from the date you defaulted regardless of what the gibberish says. It also shows it hasn't been updated since January this year. Good.

Comment

It is coming up as a negative (we filed BK on the account so that is expected) - is the negative given more "bad weight" if you were >30 days or more late prior to filing your BK because we were not.
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
          It is coming up as a negative (we filed BK on the account so that is expected) - is the negative given more "bad weight" if you were >30 days or more late prior to filing your BK because we were not.
          From what I understand, it could have an effect on how quickly your score recovers.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
            From what I understand, it could have an effect on how quickly your score recovers.
            Thanks, LITR, I am going to dispute it in writing with copies of my petition, etc.

Comment

In the big scheme of things it won't make that big of a difference as the BK hit way outweighs late payments. If they correct it you might gain a point or so. Won't hurt to get it corrected though. hth

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X