top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else with two BK's on credit report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else with two BK's on credit report?

Our first BK, according to the credit reports I pulled for our attorney when we filed in 4/2010, should be off our report in March 2012. I'm wondering if this literally means it will be off in March or if March will be the last month it shows.

I want to pull our credit reports and get our scores but not until the first bk is off the reports and not affecting our scores. It would be a waste of time and money to do so if the first bk is still showing, I'd have to pull them all again to get accurate reports and scores.

Does anybody know?
    Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
    341 June 1st, 2010
    Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
    Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

When did you file the first BK? Your signature indicates a 7 was filed in 2010 - if so why do you think it will come off in 2012?

I have seen hundreds with more than one BK reporting. They report their full reporting SOL of 7 or 10 yrs from file date.

Comment

Our first bk was filed 3/12/2002. After I posted this thread I went and dug up our credit reports from when we filed the second time in 4/2010 and Transunion states the first bk will report until 2/2012 and Equifax states it will report until 3/2012.
      341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

oh gotcha. Ok i see. That first one should delete by end of month but if you can give it an extra week or so - the bureaus are pretty good about deleting when they say they will. TU is being safe and going to delete a month early, EQ is doing what EQ normally does and that is stick it all the way to the end however, I them delete early when disputed in writing. So you could dispute it now and they may delete it. It's not reporting at all to XP?

Comment

The credit reporting agencies have been known to drop "aged" trade-lines a month or two before they are due to fall off. I don't know if that's still the case or is the case with all of them. You could pull your credit and see. My BK doesn't even report on my TransUnion and I filed in 2008.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Oh so true. I have even come across several that didn't report to any of them. Dispute them.

Comment

Thanks df. I could not find my Experian, I must have lost it between shuffling all my paperwork from my desk to my file cabinet over a year ago. I'm not worried about disputing it on EQ, it's just a few more weeks and it should be gone. Thanks for letting me know about them. I had the time and the itch to pull my reports today so that's why I posted my original question. I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my once a year chance on a report that would be changing in just a month.
              341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

Justbroke- that's kind of cool about your bk not reporting on TransUnion. I did order my TransUnion report today because that is the one that was supposed to drop the 2002 bk last month. Sure enough it wasn't on there!
                341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

As an aside, I was feeling confident the accuracy of my TransUnion report would be right on when I ordered it today because I have so few things on my reports, but that was short lived. I have very few entries on my reports, maybe 5 other than the latest bk, and of course two of the entries are inaccurate. Bah!

My car was paid off during our bk. We reaffirmed the (minuscule) debt on this car. The judge approved the reaff. We filed 4/2010, my car was paid off 6/2010 and our discharge and closing was 8/2010. On my report this account shows up as both paid in full and bk'd. How could the person at TransUnion who entered this info on my report not catch that? Hopefully this won't be to much of a headache to clear up.
                  341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

Some clarification for you. The bureau's don't enter data. They receive data from lenders electronically. When a dispute is received from consumer it is read by using OCR technology and automatically notifies the lender for that dispute to verify or update the data they keyed in is accurate. The lenders have x days to respond back to bureau.

Bottom line is there is little human involvement.

Comment

Ok, good to know, thanks again df!
                      341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

I have two BKs. The first one was filed in July 2002 and discharged in November of that year.

Will it drop off my credit reports 10 years from the date it was filed or the date it was discharged? I'm reading through this thread and it sounds like everyone is saying it drops off on the anniversary of the filing date.

Comment

It should drop off just before 10 years from the filing date if it was a Chapter 7 case. The time period is 7 years from filing for a Chapter 13.
                          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Justbroke. I will be watching and waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemartini View Post
                              Thanks for the info, Justbroke. I will be watching and waiting.
                              watching and waiting to file again?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X