top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask creditor to remove a accurate tradeline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask creditor to remove a accurate tradeline?

Hey folks, As I had posted earlier I have been trying to correct my credit by disputing negatives, pushing for answers and etc..

I was wondering, I have a trade line for a small tractor thru local loan company that I paid off, that is reported as a negative on my credit.

I was never late, and made lump sum payoff after my discharge.

Everything is accurate, Reporting as 0 balance, however reporting as Discharged in chapter 7 to make it a negative.

I was wondering, Can one ask a loan company directly if they will remove a trade line from a CR? And If I were to do that is there any chance they would comply.
    Chapter 7
    Filed, 12/21/2010
    Discharged, 03/30/2011

My understanding is that they can remove it. You would have had more leverage before you paid the discharged debt. But, it can't hurt to ask.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

They can remove it. Chase was reporting 1 of 3 BK tradelines incorrectly. I tried forever to have them correct it. I filed a small claims suit and they agreed to reimburse my fees and remove all 3 tradelines even the correct ones.

Comment

Yeah but you see, nothing is being reported wrong for me to file suite with. I wrote them and my only hope is that they will remove it based on our past, present and future positive relationship, being this isn't the only loan of ours they are holding.

Ill let you know how it works out.
        Chapter 7
        Filed, 12/21/2010
        Discharged, 03/30/2011

Comment

Its called a "good will letter". You can try to see if they will remove it just by being nice... however sometimes they won't do it and state that they must report accurately to the bureau bla bla... but you may get good news. Good luck.
          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
          Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Nope, No good. Oh well.
            Chapter 7
            Filed, 12/21/2010
            Discharged, 03/30/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X