Kohl's what a joke....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kohl's what a joke....

So I filed bankruptcy in September 2011 and I was discharged in Decenber 2011. I have already brought a car, opened up two visa credit cards and have become ver anal about never being late on anything again. Well a week ago I applied for a Kohl's card. I have applied to Kohls about five times before my bankruptcy and my credit score was great. I was always turned down stating that I had a bankruptcy or my income to ratio was bad. My bankruptcy was nine years old by then. So I applied for a new card a week ago to see what they would say now. Well this time they sent me a list... They told me I had no real estate... Really for a Kohls card??? They said I had a new bankruptcy, my credit limits were low on my accounts, I had failed on past debt obligations and I didn't have enough credit in my name. Then in the next sentence they said my credit score was 666 oh no the devils sign and that I should keep applying back. In the meantime my ex boyfriend who I still live with got a Kohls card with a 500 credit score and a chapt 13 bankruptcy that never went through and collection accounts out the ying yang. Sometimes life just ain't fair... I want to give my two fingers to Khols... You suck!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Rozi View Post
    They told me I had no real estate...
    I thought that was a plus. Hahaha..
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Lolol I thought it was too!! I guess not!! Who knew you had to own real estate to get a Kohls card???

Comment

I checked the credit pulls database on another forum and it doesn't look like Kohl's is very BK friendly.
        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Thanks Amy! You think since Capital One owes them now that they would be!!

Comment

Kohls is not BK friendly at all so the only thing that will help you to obtain a card there is time - I applied for their card three years after our Chapter 13 discharge and was accepted immediately at the check out counter and received 25% off my total purchase. I love that store and shop wisely cause you can make out really well with the discounts cardholders receive plus instore cash ($10 for every $50 you spend) during their specials. I've had their card for two years now and never carry a balance, paying off purchase immediately and receiving numerous discounts and incentives to shop there.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Capital One owns Kohl? I thought it was Chase.
              Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
              Discharged: August 2010
              A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by iswmle View Post
                Capital One owns Kohl? I thought it was Chase.
                I believe Capital One took over the Kohl's accounts, sometime late last year?
                Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
                Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

It was impossible for me to get a Kohl's card after my chapter 7, so I asked my mom to add me as an authorized user on her account. Whenever I buy something using the card, I immediately write a check to my mom to pay for it. That way, we never pay interest, but we still get to take advantage of the discounts they offer to cardholders.

When she added me to her account, I was sent a card with my name on it. As an authorized user, I have no financial obligation (except to my mom, of course) and it will not appear on my credit report. If you know someone who would be willing to add you as an authorized user, it could be a good option for you.

Comment

Kohls is one card I would like to have - great sale & some perks just for card holders. But its not life shattering. And their deals for non-card holders are pretty good.
                    ~Staci
                    Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X