top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kohl's CC survived, but not posting to CR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kohl's CC survived, but not posting to CR?

Hello all. I'm one and a half months out from my discharge. My Kohl's CC survived (it was a zero balance at the time I filed), along with Dell Financial. My CL was lowered from $5K to $2K, so I guess they "knew" about my BK7. To start rebuilding and take advantage of an awesome 30% discount on shoes for my girls, I charged to it a few weeks ago. I made sure to wait until I got a statement to submit payment, hoping it would show up on my CR. But it's not showing yet. It's not even showing as an open account. The only open accounts are one of my dad's I've been an AU on for 15 years and the Dell one. Does anybody have experience with Kohl's (through Cap1 I think?) either posting or not posting?

Patience grasshopper. Patience.........
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I would say it takes about 3 months before you'd see results, at a minimum.

Comment

I would also agree, it would probably take a few months.

Comment

First, be thankful it was not closed out - Dell is also BK friendly. It can take several months for the credit reporting agencies to get caught up as to BK/discharge, etc. It doesn't happen overnight as you will find out. Check again in about 3 months and see what is going on. I highly suggest you check your CRAs at least yearly because many of us have found out that old, past discharged accounts can reappear out of nowhere and re-age a year or more after discharge. If they do, dispute and send in a copy of your discharge papers showing that creditor. Just keep a check on things but remember, nothing happens overnighit with a BK, discharge and credit reports....

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X