Potentially complicated question regarding how mortgage reports to CR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potentially complicated question regarding how mortgage reports to CR

I have two mortgages, both of which were IIB but we are paying. I filed on 11/30/11. On 12/1/11, a different bank took over/purchased my first mortgage. I had received notice of this transfer earlier in the month I filed. So, when I filed, one bank had my mortgage. The next day, a different bank took it over. The original bank, that held my mortgage when I filed, has it listed on my CR as IIB. The new bank is also reporting my mortgage on my CR as IIB, even though they didn't have it when I filed. So instead of having two mortgages IIB, I have three. That doesn't seem fair to me that I'm getting hit with another negative over the same mortgage. It's not my fault they bought a mortgage that was IIB. My question is - can they do that? Can I be nailed twice on one CR for the same mortgage? If not, what do I do?

it sounds like a simple transfer to me, however when looking at your credit report under the org. lender, does it state any type of code or something to the effect that it was transferred to another lender?

It should state something along those lines, either from org. lender or current one. Call them and have them annotate.

Comment

I would dispute as the first should read transferred to another bank and only the second should read IIB.
      Lawyer - $3000
      Filing fee - $299
      Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

Thanks. Started to get my disputes ready. Just doesn't seem fair. On one CR they're reporting accurately (or fairly), but on the other two they're not. Glad I started digging deeper. I came across a lot of stuff in the details you don't see in their "overviews" of items. On a (maybe) plus side, the new bank is reporting my payment history even though it's IIB. It shows as IIB but still shows my recent payment history. Perhaps that'll help me down the road? Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X