top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reduced my discharge date by three years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had read a post in this forum, before I registered, that credit bureaus would-not/could-not verify bankruptcy discharge dates. I decided to take on the challenge.

After adjusting the discharge date of my bankruptcy paperwork, I faxed the requests to Trans-Union and Experian. Bing-bang-boom… Date changed!

Equifax took a bit more effort. Multiple requests to change the date only yielded the same response of “The information has been verified”. Also in the responses was a statement that I had a right to the “process” used to verify the information. In addition I requested the “document” used to verify the information. To each request the same evasive response “The information has been verified”.

Up to this point, I had submitted all my Equifax disputes via fax. I then decided to phone them, and asked for a supervisor. At first the supervisor was defensive. I was persistent and repeatedly referenced my right to the “process” used to verify information.

Finally, she reported no “document” existed and information was received via an electronic feed. I stated my opinion that electronic feeds can be wrong and exampled a personal experience I had where my two medical insurance companies were electronically feeding each other they were the primary carrier. As a result, no bills got paid.

Then the supervisor acknowledged that electronic information can be wrong. So I asked, what is your secondary way of verifying bankruptcy discharge information? The answer was that there is no secondary way of verification. I felt her defensive attitude weakening. I stated it would seem we are at an impasse, and asked what is the next step? Her response was I need to get the information to them. STUMBLE. I said I had… Silence… And she reported in fact I had submitted the information. Date changed!

My bankruptcy discharge date reduced from six years to three years!

My message: BE PERSISTENT!

Mostly, thanks for the advice!

Originally posted by Doggedness View Post

After adjusting the discharge date of my bankruptcy paperwork, I faxed the requests to Trans-Union and Experian. Bing-bang-boom… Date changed!
    I don't get it... are you saying you forged a different date on your discharge paperwork in order to have it removed from your credit reports??

If this is so, wow, just... wow.
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

More like I supplied inaccurate information. We have all experienced bad credit data, and I proved how easy the information can get corrupted. It was an interesting exercise in just how imprudent the credit bureau's are.

Comment

I would not advertise the fact that fraud was committed.
        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

More like I supplied inaccurate information. We have all experienced bad credit data, and I proved how easy the information can get corrupted. It was an interesting exercise in just how imprudent the credit bureau's are.
          So you FORGED a different date on a US Bankruptcy Court document and are posting about it here?!?! Cojones, you have them.
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~

Comment

Just wanted to give-back to the folks from who I received the idea

My B date didn't change. Just how the CB's report it. CB's are just another business, not a government agency. You don't have to fear them. The courts only care that the obligation is met. This idea isn't something I thought up on my own... I got the advice from reading the forums here. I’m really not looking to be judged… I just wanted to give-back to the folks from who I received the idea.

Comment

My B date didn't change. Just how the CB's report it. CB's are just another business, not a government agency. You don't have to fear them. The courts only care that the obligation is met. This idea isn't something I thought up on my own... I got the advice from reading the forums here. I’m really not looking to be judged… I just wanted to give-back to the folks from who I received the idea.
              NO ONE here would give you that advice. I call BULL$4IT.

Comment

I guaranty you that the courts care about people altering orders. What you did is fraud. It is against forum rules to advocate fraud or provide information to help people committ fraud. If somebody here suggested you alter a court order and submit it to a credit agency as a true copy of the court order, or submit any false information to a credit agency to dispute an item on a report, please show me where.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Talk about Credit Score Hysteria run amok.

Here is the interesting thing...credit reporting (e.g. how long a BK stays on your credit report) is based on the filed date, not the discharge date. 15 U.S.C 1681(a)(1) and FTC Official Commentary 605(a)(1), item 3.

Now granted, for other purposes, (mortgages etc), the discharge date may matter, but this seems like a terribly risky way to go for little benefit.
                  Last edited by HHM; 05-30-2012, 07:18 AM.

Comment

In re-reading some of postings... It occurs to me that there are situations, such as mine, that may need addressed in the courts and with credit reporting agencies. I worked for 32 years with a fortune 100 company... Then one day I woke up and found myself disabled by no fault of mine, but that of my employer.

24 months later… My company granted me disability. Unfortunately it was financially too late, as I had filed bankruptcy 6 months prior.

I was awarded two years of back pay and reimbursed many other expenses totaling $350k. At this point I became whole again.

I guess what I am stating is that, by no fault of mine, I became financially challenged. And as a result, my credit was affected.
                    If I could have made good on my discharged debts, and my credit could have been restored to the prior disability date… I would have. But that’s not the way it works.

Thoughts?

Comment

Cry me a river...

The credit industry really doesn't care and playing a victim is not the most noble of traits.

The issue is, why are you focused so much on a pointless credit score...drop it already.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                        Cry me a river...

The credit industry really doesn't care and playing a victim is not the most noble of traits.

I think I love you for saying this...

Comment

Wow....if you think you are the only one that has been taken down by no fault of your own i would also like to find out the color of the sky in your world.

Comment

David to Goliath

A college professor of mine hit a nerve with me and planted a lifetime-seed of not accepting status-quo… Ergo the effort outlined in the thread. I feel like David to Goliath in my accomplishment.

My gut is telling me that the responses here are by folks with the financial motivation keep the status-quo. This is not me.

Comment

That is what all terrorists say (if we are being honest).

If you are not a rebel at 20, you have no heart, if you are not establishment by 30, you have no brain.

What you are failing to see is that you have BEEN sucked into the status quo...this concern of yours for your credit score is myth created by the credit industry, to have you define your self by a number, to purchase products (credit monitoring, etc), get credit for the sake of getting a higher score. If you really wanted to fight that status quo, you wouldn't given a rats ass about your credit.

To take your analogy...you are not David...you are one of the Philistine soldiers lined up behind Goliath cheering him on.

Don't get offended by the hyperbole, it is how we have fun on the forum
                              Last edited by HHM; 06-21-2012, 11:21 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X